Red and Blue Label?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by thornybird, Jun 5, 2007.

1. thornybird

thornybird New Member

Whats the difference between the red and blue label on the Glock Box?

2. westernamerican

westernamerican New Member

Just bought a new GLOCK 32 and the label was red............Mags were high capacity! :D

3. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

All of mine came in red label boxes, and are all high capacity. Perhaps somebody who lives in a capacity restricted state can chime in here, and confirm that blue label is low capacity mags included.

4. blkpag1

blkpag1 New Member

I believe that the blue label are LEO issue.

5. a1huntingsupply

a1huntingsupply New Member

That is correct. They are for Military, LEO and EMT's. The average price for a Blue Label Glock is $398

6. BrassMonkey

BrassMonkey New Member Supporter

What is the difference if any?

7. a1huntingsupply

a1huntingsupply New Member

Just the color code so they can keep the Law Enforcement inventory separate from the general public inventory.

8. FlyboyLDB

FlyboyLDB New Member

And I just recently read that this discounted blue label now applies to licensed pilots. In general it covers all first responders - military (active & retired).

9. FlyboyLDB

FlyboyLDB New Member

From the people I know that have purchased blue box - they have 3 mags instead of the usual 2 - everything else the same - I don't know if they 3 mags applies to every model or not for the blue box.

10. jberry

jberry New Member

As Brassmonkey said, the red label were LEO (law-enforcement only), made during the asssault weapons ban and sold at a discount by distributors. Now that they are legal (the only difference was the hi-cap mags), they sell interchangably with other non-LEO boxes. Blue label I haven't seen...

11. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

"Blue guns" are available to military and LEO's only. No difference in the guns or mags (if you're in a free state). They are controlled due to pricing and inventory.

12. savsin

savsin New Member

13. Dave-In-Maine

Dave-In-Maine New Member

Old post, so this may be a moot point now.

I just bought two Gen 4s. One had a red label, one had a white label. The contents were identical, as was the (awesome gun show) price.

14. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

Blue= LEO (now also public service)
    Red= Gen population

The labels have nothing to do with capcity of magazines however if you buy Gen3 Glocks in compact and full size, the red labels have 2 mags while the blue have 3. All Gen3 sub-compacts only come with2 mags regardless of label. The Gen4's now all have 3 mags. Each gun store has had their blue labels seperate to meet immediate needs to LEO's.

15. FaTmAn

FaTmAn New Member

I have a blue label it came with 3 15 round magazines a g-22 and with night sights and bought it from a leo dealer.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011