RECORD gun sales???

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by truggles, Dec 18, 2012.

1. truggles

truggles New Member

So I am watching the 11:00 Indy news...

They had a small thing on gun control and the NRA. They talked to a person that owned a gun shop in Indy and also to a Demo. representative(I think).

The lgs owner said that he has sold 51 Ar-15's since Monday. Yes since yesterday he, at a single lgs in Indy, has sold 51.

I thought this was a surprising number, but I have been heavily looking into an AR myself, so why shouldn't anyone else...

I'll try to find a link to the write up.

2. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

I follow a Local gun range and LGS on Facebook and they showed a photo of their rifle wall. It was empty but for 2 or 3 LWRC's. the run has begun.

3. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

My lgs said he couldnt get anymore AR's for a while. everyone is sold out.

4. kjdeut

kjdeut New Member

went to the range tonight and had to wait 25 mimites to get a lane. all the staff were busy with customers buying guns, never seen it like that before.
    Same is true for ammo, seems all the places/sights i normally buy from are sold out of everything,

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  5. truggles

truggles New Member

So I guess they didn't do a write up on it on their website. Sorry no link.

I cannot believe the sales of firearms this year. Honestly since election. My roommate from school has bought a new rifle, and two other friends from school bought conceal carry guns within the last 3 months. Now me and all my buddies are looking to get AR's. None of us have one (but have always wanted them) yet so its new territory for us and we have been taking our time researching and looking for what we want. We have now put a rush on our purchases.. Just waiting on some holiday cash to throw together to get one.

I can't wait to see the sales report from firearm manufacture companies. I wonder what the percent jump in sales is for this quarter and the next quarter. Would 500% increase be crazy to predict??

6. northhike

northhike New Member

Minnesota is going crazy with gun sales as well as carry permits. Good luck Obama!;)

7. Squawk

Squawk New Member

From what I have seen at my 3 LGS, I'm guessing realistically 1000%. Not joking.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

Then there's people like me...
    I won't be making any big purchase until maybe February (not by choice, financial necessity). I'm hoping that by then, many of these people snatching up the cool guns will have become disillusioned as so often happens, and maybe I can buy a low round count on the cheap.

It happens ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Young Billy bad *** wannabe buys a cool gun because he's young and free, and especially right now he's thinking they'll be banned so this is his only chance (and a just fear I may add), but that girl he knocked up a while back is pounding on his door with a wedding proposal or child support papers, whichever he decides is the lesser of two evils, then suddenly young wifey or baby mama needs the money for diapers and convinces him to sell, because after all, he's being sucked dry by domestic responsibilities and can't even afford to shoot it...

I'm still very young in the ways of the world, but I've seen this happen literally thousands of times already. Either the above scenario, or they just buy one to have it, lose their job, or simply get bored, can't find ammo...

9. truggles

truggles New Member

This is craziness. I cannot believe that the American people would ever be so scared of something (their own government) that a mad panic of gun ownership like this, would ever come of it. Complete Insanity!

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Typical of the failed liberal state... Attempting to legislate human behavior.
    In their anti gun zeal, they'll make gun companies a fortune, put more guns and ammo on the streets than ever before, and turn law abiding citizens into criminals.

11. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Anti-gun people want to drive up the price of weapons. They see and hear about all the panic buying. They will continue to draw up legislation that has no chance of making it out of any committee to keep the paranoia rolling. Soon demand exceeds production and greed sets in. Soon only the wealthy or those who are willing to go into debt for a gun are able to buy a gun.

Right now, I really don't think their legislative efforts have a chance. But their psychological warfare is working like a charm. Obama has yet to propose a single piece of legislation. Yet he will go down as the greatest gun salesman in history.

We don't even know if the changes he is proposing are going to be in the form of gun laws. He can't just make laws. But he can shuttle money to schools for better security.

12. jack80

jack80 New Member

Have you tried to find a pmag in the paat couple days?They're going for $40+ on gun broker. Pretty much sold out everywhere else. Good thing I ordered mine a month ago when they were on sale for $10 :D

13. p35bhp55

p35bhp55 New Member

I picked up my 3rd AR last night, didn't have a carbine gas action so got the little S&W...Stood in a long line and wouldn't have got it if I had not called and had it held. Price was still normal but that won't last long.

14. jennifersmith

jennifersmith New Member

Then what about gun control.

15. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

Gun control is about keeping them from bad guys and the government. What are you specifically try to ask here?

16. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I'm not afraid of the government, but I have to admit being

scared $#1+less of this administration's stupidity.

Everybody seems determined to ignore the simple fact

that all these nut jobs are only succeeding because they

are sane enough to go to "Gun Free Zones". The second

LEOs start arriving, they are so afraid of being

in the presence of someone who will shoot back

they take their own lives.

Gun Free Zones are death traps, and should be eliminated.

OH, but we can punish LAC gun owners AGAIN, instead?

DAAAHHH, HOKAY....

17. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

lol I bought a 10 pack also for $99

If I really needed the $ I would sell them.

Thankfully I don't need the money:)

18. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I picked up an extra couple to go with the AR I bought the other day. I'm planning to stop today after work and pickup a couple more. Gander in Peoria didn't have a singlr AR mag in stock and they bumped the prices of their 25 round 15-22 and Ruger 10/22 mags by $5 each.

I take it the pmags are the gold standard for AR mags? They are what my dealer recommended.

19. fmj

fmj Active Member

My wife just said, I am so glad you convinced me (I threw a royal **** fit about it and DEMANDED i get it NOW. didint really need it, but wanted it and had a "feeling") to let you spend all that money on your M-4 back in the spring. (Plus my 4 P-mags for $12 a pop.)

20. racer_x

racer_x New Member

Have any of you guys noticed that CTD is not selling firearms at all anymore?