Recommended Reading

Discussion in 'Survival & Sustenance Living Forum' started by bkt, Sep 13, 2011.

1. bkt

bkt New Member

Feel free to post links to books that are freely available (nothing pirated, please) and germane to survivalism and/or egregious abuses of government power. Here are a few to get you started:

Civil War II (fiction, but its scary how prophetic the author was when he wrote this)

Lights Out

Unintended Consequences

Absolved

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011

2. TLuker

TLuker New Member

The Frontier In American History

Fredrick Jackson Turner's "The Frontier In American History"

Turner: The Frontier In American History

No practical information for survival but important for understanding America. Also one of the most influential books in American history. (You can look it up in Wiki for the condensed version).

3. bkt

bkt New Member

4. Caoimhin

Caoimhin New Member

BKT, Thanks. This is a great resource.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

You guys have totally killed my trip to the library. There's no need now.

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

"Patriots" James W. Rawles

"Enemies Foreign and Domestic" Matthew Bracken

"Molon Labe!" Boston T. Party

"The Bad Attitude Guide to Good Citizenship" Claire Wolfe

"The Freedom Outlaw's Handbook" Claire Wolfe

"The SAS Urban Survival Guide" John "Lofty" Wiseman

"Ragnar's Urban Survival" Ragnar Benson

"The Survival Retreat" Ragnar Benson

"The Modern Survival Retreat" Ragnar Benson

"Starting a New Life in Rural America" Ragnar Benson

"The Privacy Handbook" Michael Chesbro

"Can America be Saved from Stupid People?" Dave Duffy

"Rawles on Retreats and Relocation" James W. Rawles

"Rules for Radicals" Saul Alinsky

"Liberty & Tyranny" Mark Levin

"The Encyclopedia of Country Living" Carla Emery

7. fireguy

fireguy New Member

8. bkt

bkt New Member

Here's a link with a bunch of stuff. Green-Trust -- FreeBook Download Page

CA357, I looked around for most of the titles you mentioned and they appear to be commercial. I know Alinsky's stuff is freely available and I even have it somewhere, but the rest...I'm not seeing them online free.

9. fireguy

fireguy New Member

I've been reading some really good fiction lately on a forum and a blog. I thought I would share here.

Story of life after the fall of the country in Nebraska. Well written and hardships that are probably sure to come if this happens.
    The Union Creek Jounral Entries in Chronological Order « The Union Creek Journal

Here is one set in Florida where a man is trying to get home while caught traveling on a business trip when EMP hits. The author is very good at creating tense situations. He is talking about publishing, I hope he finishes the story online before he quits. One of the best I've come across on the web. Survivalistboards.com go to Books, movies & Stories. Story is called Going Home.
    Going Home (See warning!) - Survivalist Forum

10. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I just picked up Dare to Prepare.. It looks like a great book with a lot of good info in it.

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

Who writes it?

12. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

13. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I've heard of a lot of real deal security contractors mention this book. I just got it myself. Read the 1st chapter and it's great so far! Good read. It's about trusting your "gut instincts."

Basically, the author has interviewed survivors of assassinations, rapes, muggings, etc... and pieced the one theme common in all these events... the would be victims had a "gut feeling" before it happened. These people lived because they trusted their gut instincts. Learn to identify and trust your gut feelings.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Gift-Fear-Gavin-Becker/dp/0440226198

14. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

For JD...Recognizing Gender Re-assignment :D:D:D

15. colmustard

colmustard New Member

Ok I just finished Agenda 21, the Glenn Beck book. All I can say is it is crazy. I loved it and found it hard to put down. I read it really fast, it is a book that will have you on the edge of your seat! I have known about agenda 21 for years, but this book describes a possible scenerio in where it has already been in place. And what the world may be like after the fact. Think 1984, but with a this is real could happen now twist.

16. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

World War Z, by Max Brooks.

Very good book. Now mind you I read this for entertainment purposes, I'm not really into Zombie stuff. But zombie's appear to be en vogue right now, huh? Walmart has several books about them.

17. Dont

Dont New Member

Prepper books are available for free on archive.org and on scribd.com, free if you upload books or you can pay for access.. There is a lot of information and like minded people on scribd..