Recommendations on a sling

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by texaswoodworker, Dec 28, 2012.

1. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

My AR is missing something. A sling. Does anyone know where I could find a good one? Under $30 if possible.

2. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

You might try Spectre.

I use 3 point slings on two of my ARs. you can let the weapon down and carry it under your arm, almost like a pistol in a shoulder holster Both hands are free, but if you need the weapon, it's up as fast as drawing a pistol.

3. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Magpul MS2 or MS3.

4. Squawk

Squawk New Member

I would pay the extra for a Magpul MS3 sling. It can be used as a single point or two point. The clips are steel with a toggle lock to make sure it doesn't come off the rifle. Well worth it.

5. texaswoodworker

The Magpul MS3 is a little higher than I want to pay. I do like the MS2 since I can get it in the same color as my guns furniture. I also liked the Spectre.

I know absolutely nothing about tactical slings. :eek: I only know about the classic slings that you use on bolt actions. What are the difference/advantages in a one, two, and three point stock?

My guns also lacks a sling adapter directly behind the receiver. The stock (Magpul CTR) has a place for a sling though. What types will work with my current setup?

Basically what's I'd like to do is either have the gun hang down in front, or hang under my arm for easy access. I don't need anything too fancy.

Thanks. :)

6. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Single point Sling

Attached Files:

7. texaswoodworker

Is that from one of FTF's members?

Ok, I wouldn't be able to use that kind without buying a sling adapter to go just behind the receiver.

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

not that I know of ... came across him on the 458socomforum. I bought one a few years ago for the STAG AR15 and really liked it. I got Jpyle the same one for Christmas last year. I'll be getting a 2-3 more later this year ... they are super rugged and durable, plus the paracord can be utilized in a pinch ;)

9. texaswoodworker

How much does he sell them for?

10. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Those are nice. I wonder if he could make one like the Magpul MS3.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

i think the 2 point I bought for Jpyle was $50 ... not sure what the rates are for single and 3 point slings. He has stated that he can do custom set ups as well. Try contacting him on his facebook page, if he doesn't answer I can dig up his email :)

12. texaswoodworker

Thanks. If I decide to go with his, I will send him a message.

13. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Though I now use a VTAC 2-point I still like my old Giles 3-point which is a clone of the Spectre.

14. climate17

climate17 New Member

Spend ten more dollars and buy a v-tac 2point itch the pad. More of those have gone to the kitty box and back then you can imagine and it's because they are comfortable and easy to use and deadly quick.

15. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I have the Blue force gear VCAS 2 point on my AR, absolutely love it, it is a great middle ground between single and two point, sorry for the upside down pic, IPad only has a camera on the front, it's goofy.

Attached Files:

16. JerryOnly

JerryOnly New Member

I put magpul hardware on a vtac sling now I have a nice padded sling with the option of 2 point and 1 point options of the magpul.

17. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Check out Ares Armor Husky Addendum (spelling). I have 2 of these. They are a local vendor. They also sell hardware to make it convertible to a single point (if you really want to burn the crap outa your nutz).

I used and abused them in a few carbine classes. Numerous range trips, and although I've only had them for a few years, they are still going on strong. I really like their proprietary slide. Makes adjusting the sling length just about instantaneous.