Recommend a ground blind for whitetail deer bow hunt

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by blucoondawg, Nov 3, 2012.

1. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I've been looking online for ground blinds, I have had a Ameristep Doghouse and another mid size hub type blind, the doghouse is just too small, the hub blind I have is ok for rifle hunting, I am looking to get a larger blind which I can bow hunt from and have room to stand and shoot, anyone have any blinds they bowhunt from or have one to recommend?

2. dells04

dells04 New Member

A friend of mine has a Big Mike blind made by Barronett. 80" tall hub style blind. He swears by it.

3. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

That's the one I'm thinking about ordering, it's the tallest I've been able to find besides the Big Mike XT or whatever it's called and that one's expensive

4. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I don't like the store bought blinds. They encourage poachers to hunt your spot. Yes, if there are a lot of deer in your hunting area people are going to trespass. All you can do is make it harder for them to find your stands.

I live in a rural area. Lots of the woods have been hunted by the locals for generations. Urbanites lease a lot for hunting and build a bunch of blinds on it. Then the locals sneak in and hunt their blinds. They get all mad but I am thinking WTF did you expect to happen? To a lot of people posted signs mean good hunting here. I am not saying that they are right. I am only trying to say you can't change people.

5. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

I don't believe blinds and trespassing are linked, for one thing to find a blind on private property one would already have to be trespassing in the first place wouldn't he? Where I live all private land is posted people here have gotten very greedy to the point of childishness over deer hunting especially over the last 25 years or so. The area I hunt is all public land in forest crop program and some state land, worst that can happen is a blind is stolen, haven't had it happen yet though I did lose a tree stand once.

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Check out the Ameristep Penthouse, I am 6' 4" and can stand up in one. It has 12 windows to shoot through.

7. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

Will do havent come across that one yet.

8. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

Just checked it out at Sportsmen's Guide, height looks good but the windos seem more for sitting and shooting a rifle rather than standing and shooting a bow? Why make the blind tall if they aren't making the windows tall enough for standing shot? Maybe its just an optical illusion hard to tell from pics online.:confused: