recoilless

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by JohnnyFive, Jan 17, 2008.

1. JohnnyFive

JohnnyFive New Member

Is recoilless good to use in competition shooting?

2. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Like this one?

[​IMG]

3. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

Recoilless what?
    Low recoil leads to a faster follow up shot. Faster follow up shots lead to better times (if you hit the target), which means you do better in scoring. Is that the answer you need?

4. Duck

Duck New Member

Why do y'all encourage them? It's called GOOGLE! If they really cared that much, they would look it up on their own.

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree with Duck. If we ignore the stupid one sentence questions from someone who apparently has several screen names and has not chosen to introduce him/herself, maybe he/she will go back to the ACLU/HCI office and leave us alone.

6. jeepejeep

jeepejeep New Member

HAHAHAHA Matt g good one! I agree though, ignore these guys.

7. Old_Brewer

Old_Brewer New Member

I saw one of those demonstrated. It was on a tripod. Note the 50 cal spotting gun on the top of the barrel. An empty wooden ammo case was placed about 50 feet behind the rifle. It was turned into splinters! The lesson was not to stand behind one of these.

8. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

The Alaska Highway Dept. uses one of these to induce avalanches. Saw it on the Discovery Channel - pretty cool - and yes they did mention the effective lethal range - 100' - BEHIND IT!!!
    P.S. - I'd like to get one of these for my Jeep Wrangler - for those idiots that ride my bumper...

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  9. painted_klown

painted_klown New Member

HAHHAHa!!! That should work better than a bumper sticker.:D

10. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Be a hell of a lot more fun too! Would bring real meaning to my bumper sticker also.. "An Armed Society is a Polite Society".

11. rickrem700

rickrem700 New Member

I think what you mean is reduced recoile, everything has a bit of recoil.
    As Flint Rock explained to you those are the advantages of reduced recoile.
    I know to some of the more seasoned members this question seem about half retarded, but to someone that dosen't have a clue, and obviousley this member dosen't, this is why we are here, to help and inform! if we send everyone to the all knowing Google God there isn't realy much use for this forum, I know it's aggrevating at times just remember somebody took the time to explain it to you some where a long the line.

12. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Ever firearm has to have some kind of recoil. My grandfather figured this out the hard way. He had 2 rifles built on Remington rolling block actions one a 219 Zipper and one a 218 Bee. These are the time were brand new or still in the wild cat stages of their life. The rifles had 1.5" heavy barrels no taper nothing a straight 1.5" at 28" long. Due to the weight of the barrel and optics he had installed on them (20x Unertl) these rifles both of them had zero recoil. The rifles would not shoot a group smaller than 4" at 100 yards no matter what powder bullet primer anything nothing would shoot under 4" at 100 yards. He then had a 219 zipper made with a much lighter barrel on a bolt action gun that would blow the doors off anything on the firing line at that time.

So zero recoil in my view would affect accuracy in a negative way.

13. RL357Mag

RL357Mag New Member

Accuracy has absolutely NOTHING to do with recoil unless you are in rapid-fire competition, and then accuracy is only a function of how accurately you can acquire the same aiming point after recoil has disturbed it.

14. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I will take the word of my grandfather on this one. That man had more custom built rifles in his gun cabinet than anyone I have ever seen.

15. frank_1947

frank_1947 New Member

Johnnyfive

to give you a serious answer, Yes recoiless is great for competition but it will put you in the Open division and the only way to get no recoil is with a compensator, comp guns cost alot I have 2 and have $2500 in each one depending if you know someone to build one or you build one I dont recommend that for you. A person can buy one from STI or SVI for $3000, but you could buy one with a comp out of the box with regular sites but you would not be able to compete open guns have very light triggers and optics, custom barells lighten slides, and they make alot of noise. Go to USPSA.com and watch the video that will show you the guns used