Recoil spring

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by lucky510, Apr 23, 2012.

1. lucky510

lucky510 New Member

Recently got a new Taurus 24/7 g2.. When no got it home and field stripped it I noticed the recoil spring has colored paint on the side that was facing out... Is there any actual reason for this to be facing out? Or is it irrelevant which way the spring is seated?

2. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

i have a taurus millinium pro and if i put the spring in the wrong way it causes the slide to lock not saying its why they painted it but maybe also there are colored coded springs available that are diffrent lbs ratings easy to identify

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Usually the paint is a spring rating OR spring indexing.

RTFM

4. lucky510

lucky510 New Member

So would you suggest I prob make sure after cleaning to put it in color side out.. Guess it couldn't hurt

5. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

for the reason i stated i am currently selling mine i took it off my ccp and have it on a consighnment sale as is. it fires and runs great but it lost my trust.also try putting the spring in diffrent ways see if it makes a diffrence better to know now then when you really need it.

6. lucky510

lucky510 New Member

You actually have to list the particular pistols you carry with your ccp? WhIch does does that?

7. lucky510

lucky510 New Member

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Are you sure its paint and not a factory coating? I've heard something similar to this with new glock owners wondering why there is a blue coating on some parts of their gun (spring included) and whether they should strip it off. It's likely an anti rust/ lubricant coating.

9. lucky510

lucky510 New Member

Pretty sure it's only on one side of the spring... The bigger half is orange and the Smaller half is green

10. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

yes you have to list the guns you want to carry in the county i live in your only allowed three guns,when you add a gun to the permit it has to be inspected by the sheriffs dept but once its on your good to go.

11. lucky510

lucky510 New Member

Man I'm glad Louisiana isn't that strict

12. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

yah its kinda crappy im just lucky i live in the best county to have or get a concealed there are several countys that will do everything not to issue.

13. lucky510

lucky510 New Member

Yea I guess down here in bayou country it's a little more lax since just about everyone has guns here.. I open carried for a year before I got my ccw never heard a word from leo

14. rifleman1

rifleman1 New Member

well we have to much influence from the left and its not slowing down they keep passing laws and failing to inforce the ones already on file.