Firearms Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a new, after market stock with pistol grip on my Mossberg 500, but it came with a very stiff recoil pad. I'm trying to put on a more user friendly recoil pad on the new stock, but none of the ones I find have screw holes that line up with the screw holes in the stock. I put a slip-on pad over it for now, but that kind of sucks and the stock maker is no help. Any ideas?

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
Pioneer - I believe that both Limbsaver & Decelerator will provide you with a template that can be used for "most" applications on an order to fit model. I think you can print them off, compare to your personal application and order direct or through vendors. I personally prefer the Decelerator model, but both of them work well. We don't use the pre-fit ones in the shop, we buy the grind to fit models, but I like the product and have never had any problems with either brand.

You might want to check out this site for the Limbsaver model.

Midway offers a direct replacement for the wood stock, so if your screw holes are the same, this one should work. Designed to fit within .050" tolerance.

Hope that helps.

D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I put a new, after market stock with pistol grip on my Mossberg 500, but it came with a very stiff recoil pad. I'm trying to put on a more user friendly recoil pad on the new stock, but none of the ones I find have screw holes that line up with the screw holes in the stock. I put a slip-on pad over it for now, but that kind of sucks and the stock maker is no help. Any ideas?

Now thats a very nice gun, I love the love you have for your guns.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dillinger, thanks for the info and advise. I shall check out the info.

Rebel, thank you for your kind words. If you want your guns to take care of you, you must take care of your guns.

·
Banned
23,968 Posts
pioneer - I was going back through some old forums and found this one. Did you ever get the recoil pad changed out on your Mossy?

JD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts