Firearms Talk banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts
I hate Broccoli

This will change your mind. two onions diced, two legs celery diced, two belle peppers diced, six slices of bacon cut and renderd. add first 3 ingrediants to bacon drippings. sautee for 5 min. add one head of broccoli diced into bite size pieces. add one 1 quater cup soy sauce and one minced jalepeno. sautee another 5 min. add to this 2 quarts peeled shrimp. sautee till shrimp turn pink. Next add one 10 oz can ea. Cream of broccoli, cream of mushroom soup. 20 oz. of water. Simmer till thickend. Crumble bacon and add to mixture. Serve over angel hair pasta with hot french bread. And if you like mushrooms add a can or two of mushrooms stems and pieces when you do the first 3 ingre..........PS you can use frozen broccoli.........PM me if you need help with the process... Enjoy :)

Show me......

This will change your mind. two onions diced, two legs celery diced, two belle peppers diced, six slices of bacon cut and renderd. add first 3 ingrediants to bacon drippings. sautee for 5 min. add one head of broccoli diced into bite size pieces. add one 1 quater cup soy sauce and one minced jalepeno. sautee another 5 min. add to this 2 quarts peeled shrimp. sautee till shrimp turn pink. Next add one 10 oz can ea. Cream of broccoli, cream of mushroom soup. 20 oz. of water. Simmer till thickend. Crumble bacon and add to mixture. Serve over angel hair pasta with hot french bread. And if you like mushrooms add a can or two of mushrooms stems and pieces when you do the first 3 ingre..........PS you can use frozen broccoli.........PM me if you need help with the process... Enjoy :)
A man who doesn't cook and I'll show you a LSOB.......;)

I don't need help with the process. I'm going to come over and sit at your kitchen table and chat with your wife while you cook us up something good. :D

Adding bacon is cheating. Everyone knows you can toss bacon in a bowl of grubs and people will rave over the great taste!!
(Recipe does sound very good!!)

And Some Baconnnnnnnnnnnnn.....

Adding bacon is cheating. Everyone knows you can toss bacon in a bowl of grubs and people will rave over the great taste!!
(Recipe does sound very good!!)
You don't have to use bacon, I thru all this together when my wife was out of town and my oldest son had some friends over. I gave this recipe to one girl that was a newly wed...... Bingo, she cooks this for her husband and family on special days......Here in south La. we have shrimp at least twice a week......Deer season is here, time for my lick the pot clean Chili.......:eek: :)

Blind Rabbit ????????

Brought to Montana from Wisconsin by Mrs. Ora n. Hassel.... 1881 Butte city. one half pound each chopped fine, beef, pork, and veal. one cup of bread crumbs or bread soaked in cows milk. one egg, juice of one half lemon, salt and pepper to taste... Make into a loaf and bake one hour..... This would have been baked in a wood burning stove or a dutch oven on the trail.....Bon apetite.......;)

Great thread! Here is my favorite:
Grilled venison tender loin steaks

Cut the tender loins cross grain at a slight angle into 1/2 to 3/4 inch steaks

sprinkle both sides with garlic powder, Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
cut thick sliced bacon into pieces large enough to cover steaks

place steaks on Hot charcoal grill and cover with piece of bacon cover grill

after several minutes, depending on how done you like your steak, remove the bacon, turn steaks and return the bacon to the already cooked side.

when steaks are done, serve with bacon (which should be some what crispy) on top and whatever you like with your steaks... I like a green salad, twice baked potato, grilled asparagus and a good Cabernet.

Tree rats......

I've got a recipe that was used in the times of slavery. It's called Kentucky Burgoo.....Made in large vats, and the kicker was Squirrels.....30, 40 50 or more.......:)

Jess said:
VENISON
First I would like to address the whole "i don't eat venison" nonesense some of my *cough cough* girl friends try to use to get their husbands not to hunt, or worse IMO not to keep the meat. There are a few keys to tasty eats, and they start in the field. Some of this might seem like I'm stating the obvious so bear with me.

1-appearance of animal before you shoot it
2-shot placement, if you gut shoot a deer its going to take extra work to make it taste decent
3-don't push the animal, unless you see it fall give it time to lay down and die.
4-clean your animal in the field and clean it properly. do NOT use water from a hose to wash out the cavity (you don't want to know about hose bacteria)
5-if temperature allows you want to hang your deer for a few days its really worth it.
6-when we process our deer, which we do at home, we don't package any bones with the meat. This year we're going to try ribs though so I'll let you know how that goes. but our roasts/steaks/etc are just the meat.
7-everything is better with bacon. Since venison is a such a lean meat the burger can have a very strong flavor. so when we process our burger we grind fresh bacon right into it. You can add different types of bacon (i really like the peppercorn type) This gives your burger some fat and flavor.

now you have your deer in the freezer, what to do with it....

for whole pieces of meat I like to thaw it ahead of cooking time and soak it in milk. weird right? It seems to take some of the *game* taste out that everyone seems to use as the reason not to eat venison.

Recipes to follow
How much bacon do you mix in with a lb of venison?

Waste not.....

Why is it some hunters only take the back strap, to me that is the worse cut of meat. Just like pork loin.......Its time for some deer burrito's.......:D

Alrighty...my mouth is watering and stomach growling after reading through these recipes. :O

willshoum said:
I've got some fresh 15 count white shrimp. I need a new way to cooke them up.......Tell me......
I haven't done it as of yet, but smoked shrimp sounds good.

Another recipe that my wife does is shrimp scampi...really really good... :)

heres mine. forgot onions today though

Attachments

Here's a real good recipe, sounds a little weird, but damn it's good!

Steam or boil shrimp in the shell, in a light spice mixture.

Cool shrimp, peel, de-vein and butterfly, but don't cut all the way through.

Mix blue cheese and cream cheese 50/50.

Stuff cooled shrimp with blue/cream cheese mix and roll back of shrimp in fresh or dried, chopped chives.

They're great with cold beer or a lighter style white wine.

If the weather is warm you can soak your game in an ice chest with water, vinegar, and a little Lemmon juice. Add ice to keep cool, this will remove gamie flavor.

61 - 80 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.