Recession Buster Pistol: Hi-Point C9 (9x19mm)

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by SGT-MILLER, Apr 27, 2009.

1. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

HI-POINT MODEL C9 (9x19MM)

[​IMG]

BARREL LENGTH: 3.5 INCHES

OVERALL LENGTH: 6.75 INCHES

WEIGHT (EMPTY): 29 OUNCES

FRAME: HIGH-IMPACT POLYMER

FINISH: BLACK POWDER COAT

CAPACITY: 8 OR 10 ROUND MAGAZINE

CALIBER: 9X19MM

SIGHTS: 3-DOT, FULLY ADJUSTABLE REAR SIGHT, RAMP FRONT SIGHT

NOTES:

1. +P RATED

2. MAGAZINE SAFETY (WILL NOT FIRE WITHOUT MAGAZINE)

3. HAS SIMPLE LEVER-STYLE MANUAL SAFETY. FRAME MOUNTED.

4. LIFETIME WARRANTY.

5. 100% AMERICAN MADE

6. LAST ROUND LOCK OPEN.

*PISTOL SLIDE IS MADE OF ZAMAK-3 (COMMONLY REFERRED TO AS POT METAL). THIS METAL IS KNOWN TO HAVE OCCASIONAL PROBLEMS WITH HANDLING THE STRESSES OF STANDARD PISTOL OPERATION OVER LONG PERIODS OF TIME. PISTOL RELIABILITY IS VARIABLE. MOST REPORTS ARE FAVORABLE WITH THIS TYPE OF PISTOL. COMMON MALFUNCTIONS ARE USUALLY CAUSED BY DEFECTIVE MAGAZINES.

MSRP: $155.00 (FOUND USUALLY IN THE $130.00 RANGE)

FOR MORE INFORMATION VISIT: Hi-Point Firearms

2. Mark F

Mark F New Member Supporter

That sure is one butt-ugly pistol...

I guess it would be great for a "toss out" or "plant".

3. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

You can scare the bad guy with it's ugly looks.........save on ammo. :D

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I would play with it, but I wouldn't rely on it.

5. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

It wouldn't be my first choice either, honestly, but if there's nothing else then something is better than nothing.

6. Minionsram

Minionsram New Member

its a good plinking firearm. Heres the good and the bad of it.

Good: Cheap. Picked mine up for 140 at a gun show, and it came with an extra 10 round mag.
    Tough. So far 3000 rounds and it has not broken. It shoots a well enough grouping that it is a fair man-stopper.
    Simple.

Heres the Bad:
    Only has the thumb safety and a mag safety.
    Mags are pricey and cheaply made
    Trigger Pull is like raking gravel, and as heavy as a blind date at a Dairy Queen.
    To Clean the firearm you have to use some Gang hand signs by holding the Pistol open and driving a roll pin out the back of the polymer frame. Getting the slide off is a pain in the arse also.
    Last round hold open does not have a send home button or lever, you have to manually pull the slide to send the round home.
    If you think the mags will drop free after being shot, you need to wake up and get the 4' pry bar to pull the mags. ( not a big problem after some work with a flat bastard file)
    No aftermarket parts that are worth a crap.

I bought mine because it was cheep and I figured it would be a good toss around firearm. I would not carry it for self defense, or use it for something that goes bump in the night. Buy it for plinking and use it for that, nothing more.

7. Mark F

If the chips were down, and this is all you had, it just may save your life. I bought a Makarov back in 1978 for $35.00. I still have it and it shoots perfectly. I keep it in my survival kit... along with a pack of cigarettes and a BIC lighter.

8. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

I like these series you are doing. Are you pulling for moderator or something??

Although I wouldn't trust my life to a Hi Point as a daily carry, you can never have enough guns. You could hide a dozen of those strategically throughout your house. Remember the fight scene in The Punisher with the giant Russian?

9. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

The whole thing was JD's idea. I'm just trying to make some content for it, that's all.

Anybody can do these threads.

10. 34sail

34sail New Member

Bersa Thunder

This is a butt-ugly sidearm. Doesn't the magazine capacity make it a little large for a comfortable carry? I picked up a Bersa Thunder because I wanted something dependable but something I wouldn't cry about if I lost it in an incident. (The Ohio authorities tend to take a sidearm involved in an incident and store it in a damp, musty basement Evidence Locker while they figure out if the incident was legal. You get back a rusted hulk.)

34sail

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Engineering thoughts:

You can not substitute mass for strength!

Never drop this gun!

Here's a rendering of the 'new' glock 81 "I'm High, Pointing" version;

If it has three barrels does that make it a 1.35 ACP? Or would it be the 1.35 fill in the GAP?

glock81.jpg

And the soon to be released Norico Kimber Kombat;

There was a glitch in the stolen CNC file.

1hipoint1911.jpg

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  12. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

A three barreled Glock would be interesting, to say the least, to fire....lol.

You would actually be able to stop the threat with one trigger pull.

13. KBlue

KBlue New Member

that is f'n hilarious right there.

My buddy got a Hi-Point 9 about a month or so ago. He loves it, says it goes bang everytime and is on the money accuracy wise. he is concerned about the possibility of it jamming and is looking into opther options for primary carry. I'm going to the range with him in 2 weeks to get some firsthand experience with Hi-Point.

14. Scrapper

Scrapper New Member

I just bough a hi-point C9.

I figured I gotta own a 9mm...it's some kind of rule, right?

I like how heavy it feels. like a Ruger p95. Gonna try to get to the range (or at least my backyard) this weekend with it.

15. Mark F

9mm is the only caliber I don't have. I have shot 9mm thousands of times and they never impressed me. That's not to say anything bad about 9mm... they just don't tickle my fancy.

16. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

If the Hi-Points don't cycle once in a while, it is usually a magazine problem. I wish they would use a heavier spring and a little better steel. The guns themselves are bulky, heavy and ugly, but I have yet to actually know someone who really had a problem with the shooting and better than thought accuracy especilly since they have a fixed barrel. I love my .45, but it is not a carry piece. Great plinkers!

BTW, Scrapper, 'bout what you give for your C9?

17. Scrapper

Scrapper New Member

168 bucks. Some places still have 'em for 150, but CT is pretty heinous about guns.

18. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

The 9mm C9 is still selling for 139.99 here in Montana.

The .45 caliber is 159.99, the .40 caliber is 149.99, and the .380 model is 109.99.

The carbines are averaging right around 180.00 right now.

19. propex

propex New Member

Good Job Sarge!

20. group17

group17 New Member

My first gun when i wanted to get back into shooting. Figured if it was crappy I wouldn't be out much.

Bought it used with 2 mags for $100. Fires every time I pull the trigger and is pretty accurate. I use a bore snake to clean it. Has a life time warranty for who ever owns the gun and fantastic customer service. A friend sent his in for minor work and they sent him back his fixed gun with a free mag in less than a week postage paid.
    What more do you want for $100.