Recently purchased mini-14

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by tbc27143, May 9, 2012.

1. tbc27143

tbc27143 New Member

I bought a used mini-14 (1999 year model). It had the leaf style rear sight with the two screws for adjustment. I wanted the military style rear peep sight and front sight. I bought the rear sight and installed it. The front sight came mounted with a flash suppressor. I had a gun smith install it. I bore sighted it and went to the range. I was thoroughly impressed with the accuracy and grouping with this rifle. It shoots quarter size groups at 25 yds with my bad eyesight.

I also installed a red and green dot sight on it and after finally getting it on the paper I got the same results. This is a sweet shooting rifle and very accurate.

I want to get on a 100 yd range soon. I also want to try some 5.56mm rounds in it.

Ruger makes a good product. Everyone that I know that has one really like it.

2. steve4102

steve4102 New Member

Ammo is very important in the Mini be it 223 or 5.56. Purchase a few or more different types of ammo and see what works best for you and your rifle.

If your used rifle has not already had the trigger worked, I would suggest you have it done. It will not make the rifle shoot better, but it can make the shooter shoot better.

Clean the bore with some Wipe-Out foaming bore cleaner. It will remove everything the previous owner left behind with little or no effort.

Once you get it set up for 100 yards, take a 20 round shot at this target and see how she performs.

http://www.protargets.com/targets/half-inch-center-3.gif

3. tri70

tri70 New Member

They are fun guns to shoot, I like the so much I have 3 now and always thinking about another one.:D

4. tbc27143

tbc27143 New Member

tri70

Like your signature. Let us never forget that. If those that see this don't know about it then research it. It is an eye opener.

5. tri70

tri70 New Member

It's scary to think about how mad with power politicians get!