Receiver suggestions?

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by FullautoUSA, Jun 20, 2013.

1. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I have a random piece of metal, that I wanted to make an AK receiver, but it's about an inch and a half to short. It's a rectangle pipe about 9 in by 1.5 in by 3 in. Any suggestions as to what type of receiver I should try to build?

Attached Files:

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Mac-10????????????

3. FullautoUSA

Doesn't seem to be too difficult. Thanks for the suggestion, I think I have my summer project

Attached Files:

4. FullautoUSA

Thanks for the suggestion, but after reviewing the receiver I see it may be too difficult. I have something else on which I may be working, but thanks for the suggestion.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

what are your machining and welding skills like? building firearms from scratch is not really a job for a novice.

seriously, i would think long and hard on this before going any further. if you're not careful, you could end getting hurt or killed.

6. FullautoUSA

I don't have much machining or welding skills, I think building a lower receiver for a MAC 10 may be to difficult and potentially dangerous for my skill level. I have some other stuff I'll probably do instead.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

that would probably be the best route to take. to tell you the truth, i have quite a bit of welding and machining skills, and even with all the work that i can do to a firearm, i pretty sure building one from scratch is beyond my abilities.

8. FullautoUSA

Agreed, not doing it is the best route.