Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Issued October 7, received 10/14. Application received by the Division of Licensing July 31. About 55 working days.

·
Premium Member
2,920 Posts
Issued October 7, received 10/14. Application received by the Division of Licensing July 31. About 55 working days.
CONGRATS, John!

My Texas CHL took 2 months to get to me. It feels really GOOD to have your license...

When do you have to renew?? In Texas, it's every 5 years.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CONGRATS, John!

My Texas CHL took 2 months to get to me. It feels really GOOD to have your license...

When do you have to renew?? In Texas, it's every 5 years.
Seven years now in Florida

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for the info John. I am waiting for mine now. I sent the app in and the check was processed on 9/08. I figure a few more weeks.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Any update since you started to carry?

cane

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any update since you started to carry?

cane

Well, let's see. Since I got my license, both my daughters have applied and received theirs and my wife has her application in process.

I purchased a Kahr CW9 and a MTAC IWB holster and haven't been made yet. I still don't carry every day everywhere --- I'm still getting used to how and where it fits for comfort but time wounds all heels :)

·
Registered
962 Posts
congrats, hope you never have to use it:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, let's see. Since I got my license, both my daughters have applied and received theirs and my wife has her application in process.
When did your daughters apply? I sent mine Dec 1. I expect the full 90 days. I'm just wondering which I'll see first; my CWP or my free XD mags? :banghead:

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Great, the family that carrys together stays (alive) together! :D

You ever get up to Broward? Markham Park outdoor range is a great place to exersize your weapons, especally rifles!

http://www.markhampark.com/

I75 & 595 check it out.

cane

·
Registered
650 Posts
Congrats Man! I've had mine here in Kalifornia now for 7 years. From the time I turned in my application till I picked up my permit it was about 2 weeks. Although we have to renew every 2 years, its worth the frequent fee. It is by far the most valuable item I own.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
I have been thinking about getting either my Florida or Utah CCL along with my NM CCL. How easy is it to get one of these from another state?
You new to this whole carry thing? Are you 21?

Why would you bother with multiple permits? The FLORIDA'S CCW RECIPROCITY STATES include both UT & NM. :confused:

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Canebrake,

I do know this. I do a lot of traveling and Florida CCL is valid in more states. I do believe that both Florida and Utah are the two most honored CCL states. I was recently in Nevada where my NM CCL is not valid where as the Utah CCL is. I am sorry if you feel my question seem immature.
Not immature, just confusing like this response. A FL CCW is recognized in 33 additional states including NV.

Try this, Handgunlaw.us

Chill bman, this forum is all about learning, not flaming.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Not immature, just confusing like this response. A FL CCW is recognized in 33 additional states including NV.QUOTE]

Again, The point of this conversation is me inquiring on getting a Florida CCL so that I can carry in states like Nevada. The NM CCL is valid in several states, but I gain like an addition 10 or so states by getting either my Florida or Utah CCL.
Just for the record, I am not mad but just trying to clarify the conversation.
Aren't you an Administrator over on the Conceal Carry Forum?

If so, are you just over here checking our accuracy or mining for answers? :D

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Just consider me a forum junkie! I like this forum and its layout. I also enjoy guns, therefore I am a member of Berettaforums.com, XDtalk.com, ****************.com, concealcarrychat.com, and now this one. Don't even start me on the Auto forums I belong to.

Aren't you an Administrator over on the Conceal Carry Forum?

Glad to see you are doing your homework on me.
Welcome aboard and glad to see you have a sense of humor. :p

Over here you only need two things, thick skin and the ability to laugh at everything including oneself.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts