Reassembling Mk III Hammer/Safety/Slide Release

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by Mr. Bluesky, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

Yep, I pretty much effed myself over. Can anyone link me to a good step-by-step for un-detail stripping a Mk III? It's mostly the hammer assembly that's giving me issues.

2. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

To clarify, the parts I don't know how to get back into place are: the hammer itself, what I believe is the sear spring (single wire twisted into a weird shape), a thin plate with a hole in it, and another strange-looking metal thing that I think is part of the slide release.

3. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

You could just do this instead.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E35jZoQKmUk&feature=PlayList&p=E992F03EC2264073&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=8]YouTube - Ruger MKIII Magazine Safety Removal Part 2[/ame]

4. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

As tempted as I am to do that while I've got it apart, I'd rather just get it back together, and order a Mk II hammer and bushing some time in the future.

I've managed to identify all the parts, but haven't been able to find a step-by-step yet. Maybe someone here could give me a few tips? I need to know:

Which way should the sear and sear spring face?
    Which way should the mag disconnect and mag disconnect spring face?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  5. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

6. Mr. Bluesky

Mr. Bluesky New Member

That's a Mk II, so it doesn't tell me how to get the mag disconnect back in, but it does show how to get the sear straightened out. Thanks much.

7. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

I'm sorry about that I thought I left the right link. I mean to post this link for ya

2245 Maintenance Page

Dam clipboard didn't want to do like it's suppose to lol:D