Rear-Ended Biker

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Bigcountry02, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Watch the video from the blaze. Very lucky; but, the bike is not so lucky! :eek:

Rear-Ended Biker Gets Jolted Into the Air, Lands on Feet & Captures it All on Helmet Cam | The Blaze

Ever wondered what it’s like being on a motorcycle and getting rear-ended? Well, this might be as close as you can get without being involved in a real accident.

A helmet video posted on YouTube shows a motorcycle rider come to a smooth stop at a traffic light. Seconds later, tires squeal, and metal crunches, as a woman rams the rider from behind. Amazingly, the man is jolted into the air and lands on his feet.

No information on the accident was posted with the video. The license plate in front of the biker does seem to be from California, however.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

1) - I had to do a double take because I was sure Shihan was trying to get something over on the censor. :eek:

2) - Motorcycles. Your coffin will cost as much as your bike. It's been proven time and again. They just don't match up well when the Lug Nut rule is applied. :(

3. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

That was one lucky guy right there, and one totaled GSXR. I was a motorcycle tech for five years, and have lost one family member to a motorcycle accident. While I will ride the occasional crotch rocket around the block on a test ride, because I do side work out of my garage for extra cash, I will never own one. Cars and bikes don't mix. I own a dirt bike, but if you crash or anything, you aren't going to get hit by a car.

4. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Just was checking the air in the tires of hers (and mine) today.

5. Fatso

Fatso New Member

That's scary stuff. I used to have the same bike, just in white. All you riders be safe out there!

6. BombDoc

BombDoc New Member

That was one lucky rider. I'm amazed that didn't end in a helmet-whipping. I've never had one actually hit me from behind, but been ran off the road plenty of times. Also caved in lots of doors and busted a lot of glass.

I had to watch that a couple of times. I still can't believe the rider was standing. Is it just me or does he slap that Montero on the way down? Must have gotten the jolt from the hood.

7. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I bet you that boy had some shart stains in his pants that day. Good lord.

8. silentghost

silentghost New Member

Same thing happend to me last summer. Sitting at a stop light, lady on a cell phone ran right into the back of me. I always make it a habbit of watching behind me while sitting there, but since we were ALL stopped, I was focusing on the light. Lady sees the turn lane to the left start to move and she just drives straight ahead. Sent my bike into the middle of the intersection, but I was able to walk away. Ended up having to put the bike into the shop for repairs from the damage for about 3 weeks. Felt bad for the lady, but was just glad she had insurance LOL.

9. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I had a buddy get rearended at a stop light several years ago. He had both feet on the ground and the bick got shoved out from under him and the bumper of the camaro hit him in the back of the legs just hard enough for him to fall back on his rear and just sit their amazed at the sight of hit bike getting ran over by a bus in the intersection.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

It was wrong but I had to laugh at that one.

11. Yunus

Yunus New Member

There was a SNCO in my squadron in Alaska that was driving down the highway doing everything right, he had his helmet on and wearing a large reflective vest and doing the speed limit. An SUV hit him while entering the highway, in Alaska it's not an interstate, so it's a 55mph highway and the SUV turned right from a stop sign and hit the motorcycle killing the rider instantly.

I've always wanted to own a cycle but after that and many other stories and incidents I have heard of I just don't see the benefits outweighing the risks.

12. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I am in the car or van and doing the same thing, watching my six. People in Albuquerque drive with with cell phone. I have been rear ended twice before, walked away! Other drivers just do not watch, just turn or change lanes without any notice - that is one of many reasons I will not ride a motorcycle.

13. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

You live life once, so enjoy it! Even if you die twice. ;)

I'm not scared! :cool:

[​IMG]

14. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

It's okay. we all layghed at him too. That's what friends do. Sometimes we make sure they're okay first.
    Considering the guy here had the van in front of him, he's real lucky he didn't get squished between them.

15. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I've seen a few bad rear-enders at intersections involving cars/trucks but never a bike. That is one very lucky rider, :eek: especially with that SUV in front of him. It could have been much, much worse. :(

Doesn't stop me from wanting one or riding it if and when I get one ... life is short :D

16. rjd3282

rjd3282 New Member

I wasn't so lucky when I got rearended on my bike. don't walk so good now. but that was pretty funny how the bike just seemed to disappear from under him.

17. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

That was one lucky guy. I wanted to see the resulting confrontation.