Really? WTF...

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Shihan, May 14, 2010.

1. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Technically the story is correct in that it can be MADE into a part that will hold AR-15 parts.

However, I think their estimate that it might fire 15-20 times is VERY generous.

There is a thread in the AR area, I will have to find it, where a poly-carbonite lower cracked while firing subsonic 9mm loads. That is a LONG way from having airsoft plastic made in Taiwan hold up to sustained fire from a .223/5.56 rifle cartridge.

While I am sure it can be done, and probably even improved to be perfectly functional, once again, how much work are you willing to put into it. You can mill your own receiver out of an 80% blank and there is no Federal paperwork on that.

With enough Gorilla tape and spit, I can probably build you one out of plywood reinforced with carriage bolts that would hold the parts in place and get a few shots out of it. :rolleyes:

JD

3. TXnorton

TXnorton New Member

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Way to go Fox........ [​IMG]

Some news things are just better left unreported. :rolleyes:

Jack

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Or carve one out of a bar of soap. [​IMG]

6. JonM

JonM Moderator

i was gonna use duct tape

7. NPD5946TSW

NPD5946TSW New Member

I'd like to get my hands on that exact model and see for myself. Even if a convicted felon buys one to make a real rifle out of, it's illegal. They would be choosing to break the law.We could all drink and drive tomorrow and equally endanger others, but we CHOOSE not to. But, I would also bet a paycheck that this story is totally blown out of proportion for nothing more than news and ratings.

8. NPD5946TSW

NPD5946TSW New Member

By that, I mean the media is blowing it out of proportion for their benefit.... not us on this forum.... ;-)

9. rodent.22

rodent.22 New Member

Not the media!!! They might sell their mothers or small children, but never would they go for cheap ratings results....Oh no!!!!:eek:

10. KalashnikovJosh

KalashnikovJosh New Member

I dont understand why someone -a criminal- who has ties to the illicit trade market,would spend over a grand on something that might not work,when they can get a fully functional firearm for a fraction of the cost on that illicit market.

This is just more ATF clowning to justify their existance as an unconstitutional policing agency over the rightfully owned property of free people.