Really quick help!!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by kjbcruz12, Oct 19, 2013.

1. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

2. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Good deal on that gun.

3. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

The quad rails are sharp as crap and it has no forward assist BUT it does have a free floating barrel. If you can handle those sharp rails or plan on adding a fore grip, I'd say go for it. Could you find a better deal? Well there's always a better deal out there. But that's pretty cheap for a Mossberg MMR. If that's what you want I say go for it.

4. Triumphman

Triumphman Active Member

A Buddy of mine has one for Coyotes. He loves it. GTG
    Del

5. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

6. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

Ended up picking this guy up. Olympic Arms AR-15

image-3759014085.jpg

7. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Explain to me how the heck you're gonna look through that optic?!?!?!

8. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

What he said.

9. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Just saw what you picked up.
    I hope the carry handle is removable?

If so, its not a bad configuration due to the quadrail included and a seemingly decent buttstock

10. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

Really easily

image-165598839.jpg

You can see through it perfectly

11. CamoToe1

CamoToe1 Member

Not that you asked but, I would suggest selling the red dot and possibly getting a scope for the carry handle rail. The carry handle co- witnessing with your red dot negates any advantage a red dot gives you(parallax free, both eyes open). The irons don't have a bright red light but will serve the same purpose. The scope on top would add magnification for further shots. Also, getting rid of unnecessary weight up front is always a good thing. Personally, I would also swap the two piece quad rail for an MOE with polymer rail sections, again to minimize forward weight.

12. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

And your solution for low light encounters would be...........?

13. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Congrats on the rifle. I like an A1 configuration as a keep it simple platform. I had less than pleasant experience with Olympic. Hopefully they have improved.

14. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

red dot won't help much in low light anyway. Your eye will naturally focus on the dot making it harder to see the target that is already hard to see in the dark anyway. Best option for low light. Flash light or go big and get nv

15. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

...you've never used an optic with an adjustable reticle and a mounted light have you?

16. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I agree with the red dot co-witnessing the sights on the handle. The purpose of a red dot is fast target acquisition. Co-witnessing it with fixed sights just brings you bak to square one. Only now you have a little red light annoying the crap out of you. I do however like red dots I opt for the red dot and x3 magnifier on a flip mount. Best of both worlds.

17. curt1985

curt1985 New Member

My solution for low light encounters is usually..........light. Unless its the type of low light encounter initiated by the wife. Then the solution is a little different.

18. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

nope. Because common seance tells me it doesn't work to well so iv never tried. I never said anything about using it that way.

19. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

"Common sense" is wrong. Standard setup for our entire agency is some form of a red dot sight and a mounted light. We use several different ones, all have adjustable brightness. Neither myself nor any of the guys I work with have ever experienced anything remotely like what you are talking about with or without the mounted flashlight engaged.

The flashlight affects night vision WAY more than the red dot when it's properly adjusted. What IS basically impossible is getting any kind of sight picture at all with iron sights in low light. Unless you are backlit. In which case you are also a silhouette.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013