really ny. really?

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by jjfuller1, Apr 13, 2013.

1. towboater

towboater Active Member

It's offensive to the ones doing the treading.

2. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

I think I'm offended by the fact that they are offended.....

3. towboater

towboater Active Member

I'm not offended by you being offended by the fact that they are offended.

4. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

Thank you towboater. I'm mollified by the fact that you are not offended at my offense over this offensive bull@#$t....

5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

The Town is right.

The Gadsden has, of course, been co-opted as the TEA Party flag. Don't get me wrong, at home I was flying a Gadsden flag from my collection (which numbers a couple of hundred) since 9/11/2001 until it became politically charged. Then you'd find me walking with it near home most weekends and in Washington, DC. The "Republican's" defense is a red-herring becasue there is no such thing as the TEA Party per se. He's being a wise-ass.

Would you like a rainbow PACE flag instead!?

D.C., and my 4'x6' Gadsden on a 20' pole at a neighborhood street rally...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  6. 1911love

1911love New Member

Wouldn't flying the flag fall under 1A protection?

7. towboater

towboater Active Member

Yes, unless your a democrat.

8. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I wear it on my cap and nary a day goes by that some citizen doesn't stop me and say I like your hat!
    Its not co-opted its adopted in my personal opinion.

9. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Seemed to me they had some authority becasue it was a public building I presume -- The New Rochelle Armory which they probably let the Vet's group use. They took it upon themselves to run up the Gadsden.

10. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

These so-called democrats have not an ounce of respect of history or tradition. They want their way or else.

11. MattShlock

MattShlock New Member

I don't think it's simply a "democrat" thing. I agree the reason the Vet's want to fly the flag has nothing to do with history before 2009 and that's the same reason the Town doesn't want it up. These guys probably had never seen it before the TEA Party employed it -- we're not exactly talkin' about the "Betsy Ross" flag.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  12. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 New Member

I welcome Libs in NY attacking anything patriotic or American like they are,;their true colors are flying for us daily and they arent red, white and blue, more like the background of the Gadsden, yellow! All its going to do is put more of them in the cross-hairs, like they need that (better get a bigger scope)!

Thats what happens when leaders work outside their purple circle of influence; all the support from the Pres, other lib states and the DNC wont help the next time they run for re-election! Keep it up Dems, youve already turned upstate green with the Unsafe Act; Next election were gonna turn Albany red with new Republican representation. They have pushed the envelope so far its in a whole diff zip code now.

Ron Paul will be speaking at our University next week, I wonder if he will bring this to the table?

13. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

What a bunch of lobobomized idiots. Listen to the idiots allude to racism, the Confederate flag, etc. Its time for a political house cleaning in New Rochelle. i wanna puke.

Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SYCVDmGnTY&feature=youtu.be

More:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YypzVlqM-g[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  14. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Deleted. Duplicate.

15. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

If flag burning is protected under the Constitution, then simply flying a flag is too.

16. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Tex;
    You are missing the point -- YOU can't fly YOUR flag on MY property.

This is a city, public, property. Go to the county court house and try this. The vet's group is a community trustee of the property. The choice of that flag was obviously a political statement and the flyers are not being truthful. And even if it WASN'T a political statement it is too politcally charged to be on the site. Sorry some choose to take offense, but the TEA Party has, sadly, a negative reputation with most of the American public today.

It is a Naval Armory -- as the Navy is again flying the ACTUAL Naval "Don't Tread on Me" flag (The First Naval Jack since Operation Enduring Freedom below) maybe they could have gotten away with that if they had been even a little subtle. Too late now for the angry blue-collar proponents.

Stick your finger in someone's eye and they'll probably want to take it out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  17. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

It wasn't meant to be a political statement. That flag has been around, and used for centuries. It was a military flag, used by a veterans group.

Plus, the Liberals of the 60s and 70s weren't burning flags in their own yards, they were doing it in the street, near city hall, and other places to make their asshat statement. Last time I checked, those places were concidered public property too.