Really, Hornady?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Joshua M. Smith, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Thats awsome. haha.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

2. Joshua M. Smith

Joshua M. Smith New Member

Hello,

I've written the following to Hornady:

I wonder if I'll hear back from them? :D

Regards,

Josh

3. PeteZaHut

PeteZaHut New Member

What is it about this ammo that's supposed to make it good at killing zombies?

4. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Gosh everyone knows adding the word zombie on the box makes it work that much better.. :rolleyes:

Just giving you a hard time bud.

I actually know absolutely nothing about this new line of ammo, though I am pretty sure it is just a cool marketing idea. Either way I wouldn't mind to buy a few boxes just to have.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

I watched the commercial. It's awesome. And if they make some Z-max for the Mosin, I'm most definitely getting some.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Does this mean I have to RE-stock my ammo supplies?

7. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Ya think...?

8. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

You got me. :eek:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Personally, I think I'll pass on any Hornady products in the future except for their .17HMR. They should fire their marketing people.

10. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

I like Hornady's stuff I just wish they offered a rifled slug or .22LR ammunition.

11. spittinfire

I can see your point and I agree but I REALLY like Hornady's products. I use their rifle bullets, pistol bullets, haven't tried their powder yet but I might.
    When I tried their factory loads I was never disappointed, be it rimfire or centerfire.

12. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

I agree that they make good stuff, but this campaign makes me wonder about them for some reason.

My rifles shoot Nosler and Sierra bullets better anyway.

13. zimm

zimm New Member

When I saw it in their website, I kept thinking "it has to be a joke." When I realized it was serious, I figured "good for them". Aren't they now the first company to develope a bullet for use in semi-decomposed flesh?
    I hear they're working on some other new weird but useful stuff for next year. Like W-Max ammo, loaded with silver bullets for use on werewolves. I wonder if Zombie-max will work on mummies. Has Hornady tried marketing it in Egypt?

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Silver bullets would be pretty expensive, and I don't think silver would hold up to modern pressures and velocities. I haven't studied it, but read it in a magazine somewhere I think

15. csaw44

csaw44 New Member

I"m going to get a rubber stamp (ZOMBIE) and some green ink to make my ammo into zombie ammo :rolleyes:

16. spittinfire

Really? I never saw any difference between Hornady and Nosler in mine but I've only been loading for my 30-06. Never played with Sierra much.

17. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

Really.....

Sierra Game Kings generally group for me a little better than the Noslers and much better than Hornadys, but I heard negative things here about their performance on bigger game, so I went with Nosler AccuBond for my elk hunt a couple weeks ago.

18. spittinfire

What range are you shooting at?

How did the elk hunt go?

19. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

I sight in an inch high at 200 with my 280 Ackley.

Got a nice 5x5 management bull. The shot was 298 yards.