Really fu**ed up

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by SmithKid308, Oct 9, 2011.

1. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

Ok well here's the tale I just got back from deer hunting with my grandfather from the last deer season last year(modern weapons season ) and took my Marlin 336 and he told me to leave it at the cabin and told me he'd let me use his old bolt action .270 and ok I did fine got a nice buck but when I got back he gave me my b-day present early he had ordered me a gold trigger and a REALTREE polymer stock 1 piece and I got home tired to put in the trigger and well got it in :) but then I couldn't put the screw back in like the hammer moved up and is in the way of the hole on the other side so I panicked and un screwed all of the screws I could find but the stock I forgot the stock screw now it won't turn and I am siting with an unworking gun and in pieces ? Any suggestions ? And what should I do I actually cried over this gun when this happened I killed my first deer with it my first gun and has been ruffing it every single day in my truck and go to gun so plz help

2. Dr. Marneaus

Dr. Marneaus New Member

my only suggestion is to break that into sentences and use punctuation.....

That being said, do you have the exploded diagram of how everything goes together, or did you kinda just put it back together based on how it came apart?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Get thee to a gunsmith!

4. ninjatoth

ninjatoth New Member

+1,you sound way to stressed and you're gonna panic and mess something else more trying to get it together,I totally ruined a brand new set of sights on my Winchester 94 trying to figure out why this won't move and that won't turn.I won't touch my guns anymore aside from mounting a scope or something.:eek:

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

OK take a breath, and calm down....... You can do it... ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAP707phaao]Disassembly of the marlin 336. - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTO4M5jOk1c&feature=related]Marlin Lever-Action Disassembly and Tuning - Part 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atIHJ6EQRz4&feature=related]Marlin Lever-Action Disassembly and Tuning - Part 2 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]

6. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

There is not one around here

7. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

"Originally Posted by dunerunner
    Get thee to a gunsmith!

There is not one around here "

maybe you could post your secret location, so if one of us is close we could help.

8. SmithKid308

SmithKid308 New Member

The closet town is 45 min and that is Salt Lick Ky.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Best of luck to you. The 336 is a fine rifle, I hope it turns out well for you.