Real Avid Gun Tool Multi-Tool

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by John_Deer, Feb 4, 2014.

1. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  2. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

I had one. The punch broke off quickly on a routine job, no hammering. The wrenches held up but were getting loose at the handle. It was I good idea just not well executed. I would not buy another one. Everything it has to offer but a lot more durable fits in a little candy box in my range bag.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Not too many AR tools on it.

One cannot even tighten the hand grip.

4. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I don't shoot an AR very often. But thanks for pointing that out for members that do shoot an AR a whole lot.

If you shoot an AR midway carries an armorers wrench that will fit almost everything on an AR. When I shoot 3 gun and now we are seeing 4 gun tower events everyone has something to fix an AR.

Even the sporting clay club I belong to is planning to sponsoring a 4 gun tower event. Since ZSA has become part of USPSA you will start seeing Zombie events everywhere. So many Zombies so little time!

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

I keep one of these http://www.midwayusa.com/product/29...smithing-screwdriver-set?cm_vc=ProductFinding and a punch set in the range bag. Its good enough for anything you really can do at the range. I also carry a small soft hammer for pin driving or sight drifting.

I've tried multi tools before they just aren't very handy because they are clumsy to use. I gave the last one to some guy at the range. He seemed to like it.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i tend to rely upon real tools meant to do a specific job and function rather than gimmicky, do-it-all multi-purpose tools that fail to do the job.

7. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

The "multi-tasker" which is made by, I believe, Emerson, is supposed to be the bees knees when it comes to AR specific multi tools.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app

8. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Never mind. Emerson partnered with Mutlitasker to provide a knife for that tool. Multitasker is a registered trademark for their AR specific mutli tool. I might be slightly off. Either way, a lot of guys in the industry seem to be pushing that multi tool. Nothing is better than a specific tool for the job, but this one seems to have a lot of what you'd need for an AR.

Sent from my HTC One X using Firearms Talk mobile app