Firearms Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The slide on my bersa thunder uc 9 yes flat black not a very good finish I want to either re do the black or is there any way to get it to an a aluminum or silver finish? (not actual silver)

·
Registered
238 Posts
The slide on my bersa thunder uc 9 yes flat black not a very good finish I want to either re do the black or is there any way to get it to an a aluminum or silver finish? (not actual silver)
You could polish it. You can also have it painted. I advise strongly against doing it yourself. This picture is a Stainless Steel finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
But its flat black would I have to sand it then polish or how would I do that
Just polish it by hand. Rag and polish. I do mirror polishes for my customers every day with rag and polish. It is labor intensive and it takes time but a polish done with power tools and sand paper is just not the same.

If you decide to polish it I can do the slide for $40 + $10 for return shipping. If you want the barrel done also the total would be $60 + $10 return shipping. Turn around time is 3-5 days.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
I also do restorations and refinishing work. I bead blast the old finish off then polish on a wheel (buffer).. The $60 price sounds pretty reasonable to me for the slide work... Sending the slide off to a shop equiped to do that kind of work (IMO) is better than doing it yourself with a rag and polish..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts