Firearms Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just looking for peoples thoughts and opinions on this trigger, hopefully hear from an owner. Not looking to discus if I should “pony up and buy a registered full auto” or not or current ammo pricing and availability. It would replace the binary I currently have and be solely something to smile about.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was one thing I was afraid of. Asking my lgs today if they can get them in.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Okay, so eating my own words here. Bought one. Took out this morning. Here are my specs on my first run out.
PSA upper.
Nitrided bcg. Full auto cut
Midlength gas system.
Lower running carbine standard spring and H3 buffer.
Gen2 pmags.
55grn jsp at 3000fps from a 16"

I got two runs of maybe 10 rounds that functioned properly. Then it was consistently short stroking. Failed to reset the trigger and trouble feeding, some failure to eject. The second run of proper firing was after i threw some lube on the bottom of the bcg.
Tomorrow... i moved the FRT over to a lower with a brace. Will use in my pistol with 11.5 inch barrel. It has a carbine gas system. My guess is that the midlength gas just wasn't enough push. Also gonna take a NB bcg and a couple different buffers.
We'll see.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Alright, new day.
At the range...
Carbine gas system
Pistol buffer tube
H1 and H3 buffer
Carbine spring
Nitride BCG and NB BCG
No joy
FTF, FTE, light strike.
Couple more things to try. Not super happy.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Forgot to follow up. Could not get the thing to work. Brought back to the shop and pulled out of the lower. Testing, i think i broke it somehow. Began to drop the hammer regardless of whether the lever was foward or not.
Maybe i warped it, who knows? Sent it back. They offered to help me tune it, but i told them i thought it was broke. That was the last i heard from them. So, for me, a $400 gimmick mistake. Seems like some people may get it to work, but it is very twitchy. Maybe you get lucky and have the right combo of parts, maybe not.
Sooo... thumbs down from me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts