RANRRC annual championships (hilarious)

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting' started by zhuk, Dec 18, 2009.

1. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Last Sunday my club's yearly rifle comp was held.

Configured at

300m (5 rnds 1 min prone)

200m (10 rnds 2 mins sitting/prone)

100m (15 rnds 4 mins standing/sitting/prone)

just for variation on the usual single distance we shoot on regular Sundays. Great sunny weather, if a bit gusty (but then Malabar does mean 'windy place' in the local Aboriginal language lol)

Been having a bit of a problem with dodgy ligaments in my hands, due to a kickboxing mishap (*ahem!*) so I have been cheating somewhat and using a bipod of recent weeks....but no extra support on this day.

I may be the only person the in known universe to have TWO triple-feeds! in one competition...no one had seen anything like it, hell I just got this talent I guess LOL....entirely operator-error I'm sure :p so that kinda hampered getting all the required rounds off in time...and only having a maximum of 5 rnd mags is a lil annoying, thanks to our ridiculous laws. So lotsa frantic mag-changing, heh.

After the static targets, there was a bit of xmas-inspired excitement - a 'team balloon' shoot! Rifle & mag unloaded on the ground @ 100m, our detail started about 20m back from the firing line, in ready-to-sprint positions (well kinda lol). 5 ballons tied onto a frame (one for each shooter) and raised at the signal. On command we had to RUN up to the firing line, throw yerself down, load mags and hit your respective balloon asap, then anyone else's who were too slow; the total time being the team's final score. DAMN that was fun...immensely satisfying to see your target explode for a change! Bwahaha!

To my even greater embarassment, at the washup of the results back at the clubhouse, I found out I came 3rd in C Grade Optics? triple-feeds notwithstanding...'well, bugger me!' is all I could think :p

Few pics

[​IMG]
    300m 4ft

[​IMG]
    300m 4ft plotted

2. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    200m fig 12

[​IMG]
    100m fig 11

[​IMG]
    SMLE standing 100m (the brave guy using iron sights heh)

[​IMG]
    Lithgow SMLE 1942

3. zhuk

zhuk New Member

[​IMG]
    Stainless Tikka .223 club gun I was using [middle]. Thank f*uck I didn't stuff the barrel with those triple-feeds!

[​IMG]
    results...hmm, 300m was a bit crap!

[​IMG]

:eek:

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Well you had to have done some decent round placement on them targets if you brought home a trophy zhuk! :D

It's not what place you came in, that really matters here, even though we all strive to be on top, that is our instilled competitive nature. It's your participation.

The added and much valued shooting experience and confidence you gained from your choice to participate, and the fact that your shooting was well enough to have placed you in the top three, that my friend, is indeed, some damn fine shooting and that just moves you that much closer to the marksman you want to be, and your goal. When's the next one? ;)

Again, congratulations zhuk on placing, nice shooting and a job well done! :D

Jack

5. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Ha yeah...I know Jack, you are indeed right. Gotta focus on the participating aspect, and let go of my natural ultra-perfectionist tendencies. I just totally unrealistically expect it, insane though that obviously is!

Thanks for the kind words mate :)

Tomorrow is the last regular club competition of the year, @ 200m with one of those sneaky 4 second-snap sections included (where the smallest Fig 11 targets are 'flashed' for 4 seconds...simulates a sniper-type scenario I guess). Will be interesting!

Yeah, who?

Damned if I know, Cane :D

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Ya' dun' good. :cool: