Ranger 22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by dteed4094, Jan 24, 2011.

1. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

I recently acquired a 22 bolt action single shot. It does not cock on close, you have to pull the striker back manually to cock it. On the rear left side of the receiver it says "RANGER". On the barrel ahead of the receiver it says"22 short long or long rifle. Just ahead of the receiver on the barrel there is a small circle with the number 11 inside. These are the only marks on the rifle. The rear dovetail sight is missing and it has what appears to be another spot to mount a peep sight. Its hole in a milled off spot on the very back of the receiver. It has a metal trigger guard with the front screw inside and the rear screw outside the guard. I would post pictures but my camera is AWOL. Any info would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  2. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

It's likely to be a Savage, Marlin or Springfield...
    we can narrow it down fast with a few good pics :)

Or....you can go to Numrich and look at each Ranger rifle until you find one that matches ;)

3. dteed4094

dteed4094 New Member

Found My Camera

These may help...

Ranger2.jpg
    Ranger1.jpg

4. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 New Member

It mostly resembles a Savage/Stevens to my eye. I also see the screw holes on the left side of the receiver that allow the use of a Weaver side rail scope mount. I have found the proper mount on ebay before.