Range with first handgun

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by JP11283, Apr 22, 2011.

1. JP11283

JP11283 New Member

I bought my first handgun, a Smith & Wesson M & P recently. My dad met me at my apartment and we headed to the range this morning to shoot it for the first time.

I previously shot a few rounds through my friend's .32 Kel-Tec, his dad's .357 Magnum and my father-in-law's .22 Ruger revolver. I believe I only hit the target once or twice when shooting their guns. Most of my experience is with long guns as oppose to handguns.

We put quite a few rounds through the M & P today, and I have to say, I really like this gun. It really fits my hand well with the medium back strap. We shot around 180 rounds through it with not so much as a hiccup. And, for the first time with a handgun, I hit the target really well. I could definitely see a difference in my accuracy based on how smooth I squeezed the trigger. If I squeezed it really quickly I tended to anticipate the recoil and pull down and left. If I took my time and squeezed it slowly and smoothly, I tended to not flinch and my accuracy was much greater.

Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase and can't wait to head back to the range again.:D

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  2. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Another satisfied M&P owner! Love it!

I guess nice shooting? We need pictures!!

[​IMG]

3. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

That's great to hear, the M&Ps are great guns. Always fun goinig to the range with family.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  4. JP11283

JP11283 New Member

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures from the range time today. We didn't save our targets either. Next time, I'll make sure to bring my targets back to the house.

5. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Cool beans. Good for you. :cool:

6. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

I'm glad you like your new pistol,and it sounds like you had a good time shooting it with your dad at the range.

7. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Pictures

JP11283: Sir, congratulations:) A fine outting with your "Dad",

pictures when you can:)