Range Report - XDm-9 Compact

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by mesinge2, Feb 1, 2011.

1. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Click all Images to Enlarge

As promised I finally got to shoot my new XDm-9 Compact and do a range report.

Here it is:
    View attachment 24591

First thing I did was put the largest back strap of the gun. I have the largest one on my XDm-45; so, I will definetly need it on the compact 9mm. Second, I bought extra mags before my trip to the range (I had to order them from Springfield). I had 4 13 round compact mags and two 19 round mags with the X-tension sleeves on them and after loading the mags three times and one round in the pipe each time I went through 273 rounds. A whole mix of ammo Magtech 115gr. FMJs, Magtech Guardian Gold 124gr JHP+Ps, Hornady TAPs, some Federal 147 FMJs, some my LRN reloads.

It never missed a beat, never jammed once. I was surprised because even my beretta won't feed my reloads.

I shot it back to back with my XDm-45 and the recoil is quite similar between +P 9mm and standard pressure .45 ACP.

Here are the groups of my XDm-9 Compact at 14 yards with the Hornady TAP loads:
    View attachment 24576
    View attachment 24577

Here are the groups of my XDm-45 at 14 yards with Hornady TAP+P loads:
    View attachment 24578
    View attachment 24579

I group better with my .45 but I have also shot it a lot more, but for a compact with a grip that I can get barely two fingers on, it great. I think its going to be my concealment gun for when I have to wear dress clothes (which is often).

Any questions, just ask. :)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  2. lonyaeger

lonyaeger Active Member

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

14 yards with a compact... yeah I'd say that's good shooting. Good report and well done.

4. fixxer

fixxer New Member

After shooting my Brother in law's earlier model XD-M .40 and seeing your review, I'm beginning to think I need one of these. I handled one a couple weeks ago but had just bought a new rifle project I need to scope. After the clerk brought out the kit with the extended mags, it nearly followed me home though.

5. Leatherneck1775

Leatherneck1775 New Member

very nice, good grouping. how did you like the TAPs ammo,I was looking at it for my .45.

6. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Indeed. No hiccups, variable ammo & loads and targets are DOA. :)

7. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

The recoil was not bad at all and the flash is quite subdued compared to other +P loads.

Here is the TAP ammo:
    View attachment 24632

And here is a CORBON JHP
    View attachment 24633

Click Images to Enlarge

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Looks like Springfield delivered once again! Thanks for the review. :)

9. Boyerracing343

Boyerracing343 New Member Supporter

Very nice shooting. Thanks for the range report.

10. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Nice shooting! You've got a couple of great weapons there that will serve you well for years to come.

11. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

For those of you interested in this gun. I fired another 300 rounds today a mix of Fiocchi Extrema JHP with the Hornady XTP rounds, some wally world ammo, and some LRN reloads.

Again no faliures.

Also my groups greatly improved. It seems to be most accurate with a 124 gr load. Here is a 14 round group (13+1) with the Fiocchi SD load at 14 yards fired in 3 round bursts:

[​IMG]