Range Report / Smith & Wesson MP-45

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Jo da Plumbr, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

It’s official; I’ve gone over to the dark side. My first plastic gun.

I wanted a 10 round 45 to keep in the house so I could lock all the 1911s in the safe in the garage. Losing my guns to burglars is my biggest concern here in LA.

I really like the MP and was impressed with how well it shoots. The trigger is different but I got used to it real quick. The gun had no failures at all right out of the box, even using the remanufactured range ammo. The three choices of palm swell pieces included is a great feature and I found and installed the one that fits me best. The field stripping and reassembly on this gun is simple and quick, making cleaning a breeze. One thing I will point out is that this gun is described as a double action. It’s not. The slide must be drawn back to re-cock the internal striker if the pistol is dry fired. I’m used to single action so it’s fine by me. I got the model with the manual safety to make one in the chamber storage safer.

All in all very happy with the purchase.

Indoor Range
    Distance 21 feet
    10 rounds at each target
    Ammo Range reloads

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I don't know Jo, she looks like a shooter to me. That is a dead gangbanger all day in these parts. :D

What did the gun run you in Kali? And 10 rounds in a pistol is okay with Pelosi/Satans halfbreed and co?? :eek:

Nice report and good shooting!

JD

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Glad you like it and nice shooting! I personally didn't care for the feel of it but everyone I know who has one has been very happy. I doubt you'll be any different.

4. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

AAHHH......another convert!! Good shoot'in Jo, and a wise choice my friend!

Attached Files:

5. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  6. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Nice purchase and good shooting Jo! thanks for the report!

:)

8. Franciscomv

Franciscomv New Member

Nice shooting! I'm really happy with my M&P 9mm, I've been considering getting one in .45.

9. SGT-MILLER

SGT-MILLER New Member

Nice shooting, and nice gun.

:)

10. Shotgun Shooter

Shotgun Shooter New Member

Nice shooting! Pretty good work for being plastic. :p

S.S.

11. OC357

OC357 New Member

Nice shooting Jo.

I noticed that it says "stainless" on the slide. So, the barrel and slide are metal and the remainder is composite then? I have never seen that one up close in person.

OC

12. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Great grouping there, Jo. You are a really good shot :)

The more I hear about M&Ps the more I hope I get to handle the 9mm that might be on offer, before someone else snaps it up :D

10 rounds mags would HAVE to be OK in Cali...you wouldn't want to go down in history as the one US state with more stringent gun laws than Aust, would you? lol

13. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

That is deadly shooting. I'd say that weapon agrees with you. Nice grouping at 21 feet. Looks like you've got a dead bad guy on those targets. [​IMG]

14. damyankee

damyankee New Member

Nice shooting. I've got the mp-40 i also have a berretta cougar 40 and the mp shoots better. The wife has the mp-9, her first gun and she loves it.