Range report on Sccy cpx 1

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by mudslinger79, Mar 26, 2010.

1. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Broken safety. To miss fires and a Cut thumb....I'm dissatisfied. First 2 mags went great. Reloaded released the slide and on the first shot the safety snaps off. I fire again and nothing happens, so upon laying the gun down it fires into the damn wall! So I drop the mag, reach for the slide to eject the chambered round and the damn thing goes off again! his time hitting the ceiling, and the. slide ripped my thumb open! Oh they are gonna hear it when I get home!

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

This was exactly the kind of stuff I heard from 3 folks I knew that owned one of these. Proves the adage - you get what you pay for...

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Wow. Bad time. Glad no worse damage done.

Thanks for posting this.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. I handled one and the guy at the shop was trying to convince me I needed it but I wasn't impressed with the feel, fit or finish. I have yet to hear something good about them.

5. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

I'm just glad I was the only one at the range. I had my Ruger with me so it wasn't a total loss. I ordered a new safety today at no charge to me. When that comes in I'm going to fix it test fire it and trade it at the next gun show.

6. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

I think what pissed me off the most is the guy thst sold us the gun really hyped it up. (i say us because it was a gift from my girlfriend) She is super upset that she got ripped off and is now turned off from guns and dealers. Sucks that people sell junk like this. I was honestly really happy with it on my first trip to the range...but today I have vowed to stick to brands I know.

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Lesson learned. What are you going to do with it now?

8. NGIB

NGIB New Member

What frustrates many of us old experienced farts is we really do try to help folks make good decisions on guns - and many times we're ignored. Hopefully, you can dump this at not to great of a loss...

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Like you listened when you were young,lol.

I hope he gets rid of this,even at a huge loss, and moves on to something quality and reliable.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Personally I would have never purchased the POS. But should I have been taken in by the "mad sales skills" of this asshat, I would take the aforementioned POS back to him and informed him how lucky he is that no one died in your maiden voyage with this death trap, and then shove the POS up his ASS!

11. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Should you come here and ask for advise, then ignore said advice, YOU DESERVE ANY NEGATIVE OUTCOME YOU EXPERIENCE!

Don't waste my time to ask a question and ignore the response!

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

No one deserves a sccy. :D

Can't argue with your logic though.

13. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

Like I said in a previous post, it was a gift. I have the new safety on the way and as soon as that's repaired its going to be traded in.

14. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Any idea what you want to replace it with?

15. mudslinger79

mudslinger79 New Member

I like full size guns and have been looking at the Glock 17 or a full size .45 of possibiy Ruger or a 1911 model of some sort.

16. NGIB

NGIB New Member

I have just a tad over $400 invested in this one and it's a great shooter. It's a basic Rock Island 4 inch 1911. I did upgrade the trigger and hammer but it's box stock otherwise. Hard to find a better shooter in this price range...

[​IMG]