Range day

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Gojubrian, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I met up with Joe and his friend Daniel at the Ozark Sportsmans gun range today for some fun.

Here's Joe and I. (I'm the one in the black jacket)

[​IMG]

and here's Joe and Daniel

[​IMG]

Joe had a sweet AR that he let me shoot. I really need to get myself one of those!

[​IMG]

and here's Daniel and Joe shooting my Yugo SKS. I really like the way it shoots too.

[​IMG]

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

[​IMG]

We had some fun with the handguns too. First time out shooting the Sig 239, it's a keeper for sure!

On hand we had a Glock 19, Taurus .357 (I can't remember the model number), Taurus PT1911, Springfield XD40 (ported), Kimber Custom Target 2 1911, Browning buckmark, Sig 239, and a kel-tec p3at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all we had a great time.

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Keep laughing Goju; a bear could be sneaking up on your picanic basket at this very moment. :p

What about that receiver cover/scope mount on the SKS? Plans?
    It took me a while to find a stock receiver cover for my Chinese SKS (thanks Ronseresurplus).

5. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

You scored those grips from JD as well? Damn :eek:

Looks like a good time and a nice indoor setup. I've been suffering from cabin fever here waiting for the weather to break. Just a few more days of sun and I'll be hitting the range myself.

6. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Gello,

I thought you might like that shirt. I'm looking for a regular receiver, sling, and a 30rd mag if you know of one. :cool:

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Oh yeah!! The sweetest grips in Arkansas baby!!!! :cool::cool:

8. orangello

orangello New Member

If you can't find a regular receiver cover (challenged me), there is a brand that looks closer except for 4 set screws on the sides. I think it was Bsquare or something.

Nevermind, forgot you had a Yugo model; $15 if they still got em: http://militarygunsupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20_26&products_id=659

Don't forget to keep that firing pin rattling & clean.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That looks like it was a great day.

10. masterPsmith

masterPsmith New Member

Always a great day when FTF folks can greet and meet and get a little trigger time in.

Jim........

11. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

Looks like fun! My buddy in Rogers was at the range this weekend for his son's birthday. I wonder if it was the same one?

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Could have been. This is Ozark Sportsmans in Tontitown.:eek:

13. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

I'll check with him and see.

14. NGIB

NGIB New Member

So Brian, how'd you do with the new Sig? I know it always takes me a mag or two to transition from a 1911 to a Sig...

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I shot the .22 first then moved to the sig. It was easy to shoot, but will be much better after the hogues are installed. It's very accurate and are everything including two different types of hollow points. I put over a hundred rounds through it and it did take some getting use to. I shot with each hand and both hands.
    Afterwards I switched to the Kimber and did some inadvertent double taps, lol.