Range bag

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by cottorone, Apr 22, 2013.

1. cottorone

cottorone New Member

I'm looking to get a new range bag for up to 6 pistols of all sizes. I would like to get something that can carry all my firearms safely without scratching them and also all my ammo, ear and eye pro, and any other odds and ends. Thoughts?

2. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I use a range bag to carry certain items, plus two carrying cases and a heavy ammo can to boot. :)

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I'm interested in this too. I was going to start a thread but I'll watch this one. I have my pistols in hard cases but they are bulky and don't pack well. Thinking I need to do something else. A range bag with multiple compartments might be the way to go.

4. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Midway USA has one with two gun rugs inner side pockets. Put four in the center in their own rugs along with your muffs. Plenty of side pouches too. Got mine in coyote brown. Put ammo in ammo can. I keep ammo and firearms separate anyway. Plus you will stay balanced with your load.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  5. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

6. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Sorry it was Midway brand.
    Midwayusa.com.
    I think it was the pro series.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  7. cottorone

cottorone New Member

I wanna try and keep all my gear together. Less bulk for the range tables.

8. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

Any bag will work if you put your pistols in a pistol rug to protect them.

9. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Do you store your pistols all the time in rugs? I'm looking for ways to reduce the bulk.

10. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

No I store them in my safe. I put them in the rugs when I am going to the range

11. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Do not store firearms in rugs. You are asking for a visit from Mr. rust.

12. JonM

JonM Moderator

Ill second the midway usa brand range bags very tough very roomy with excellent layout. I use mine a LOT. Comes with two rugs a brass bag for empties an inner bag for accessories or "light" days.

There is a pro version for 30$ more geared more for rifles but my rifle bag has all the storage i need for mags.

49.99 for the quality!!! after getting it i dont see how they are selling it so cheap

Http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag

Very very rugged ive put over 70pounds of gear and ammo in it with no issues. Its big enough to carry my chrono ammo tools guns and all the other crap i take to the range.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  13. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

This guy:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag
    It comes with a couple padded rugs/inserts. It should work for what you have in mind. It's a helluva lot of bag for the money.

Issues?
    It can hold more than a lot of people can comfortably carry. (4 or 5 pistols with a few hundred rounds each of .45 and .40, add some tools and associated gear...) The next size up better have wheels.
    I had a zipper pull come off. Easy fix.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  14. bigjim

bigjim New Member

I use the same one, very nice but be careful, it will get heavy very fast with all the ammo in it as well as the guns. I use softsided cases for my pistols and revolvers it keeps them safe and does not take up as much room as the hard cases. Also stores well in the range bag and you will not need to worry about anything getting scratched.

Jim

15. paperplatetargets

paperplatetargets New Member

Attached Files:

16. Billy9mm

Billy9mm Member Supporter

Check out the tool section at Lowes or Home Depot, I use a tool bag that I got there has 12 separate pockets on inside, outside has 2 sealable pockets on one side and 2large pockets on the other with 2 mesh pockets, has a hard bottom w/shoulder strap. 18"longx9"widex10"deep. I wont to say it about $30 .

17. apwvsd40ve

apwvsd40ve New Member

I have thought about this...I have a dewalt bag much like what you described..it will hold mammoth amounts of weight....good call!

18. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

19. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

I just got one of those Midway competition bags. It great but it might actually have too many pockets. I might have to find some stuff to fill them with ;)

20. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I use one of those old two-racquet tennis bags. Got it from

Goodwill. IIRC, made by Champion? Cost-3$.

I am just a poor boy,

I can't afford all those expensive doo-dads. :(