Range bag advice....

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by winds-of-change, Apr 21, 2012.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Okay, so, I'm getting older and I'm not as strong as I used to be. When I go to the range I usually bring 3 guns, lots of ammo, ears, eyes, speed loaders, screw driver for removing scope, etc. I can no longer carry it all in the range bag I have so I bring two range bags. These suckers are heavy and I find it a little difficult and awkward to carry them and I don't want to take two trips to carry my equipment in because I don't want to leave a bag unattended. Most often I go shooting alone but if I take someone (usually it's a man) with me I ask them to carry the heavier bag. I was thinking of getting one of those small luggage roller, carrier things to pull my range bags into the range. Something like this........http://www.amazon.com/Sparco-Easy-G...5M/ref=sr_1_43?ie=UTF8&qid=1335004305&sr=8-43

Be serious, my friends. Would I be the laughing stock of the range if I did that? Would I be the dorkiest, craziest old lady of the range that everyone was laughing at behind her back? If so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to carry my guns and supplies?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Who cares if they laugh at you? You're out there and shooting. That's all that matters.

3. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

When I go to the range with all my gear I pull this wagon loaded with all my stuff. Plus, I got a few bungee cords to hold all the junk in place.

Attached Files:

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Works for me. :eek:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

After lugging bags at USPSA matches for years, wife and I FINALLY bought a
    Rugger Gear 2 gun cart. Folds down pretty small, rolls easily on rough
    ground.

You can beat Rugged Gear's price a bit here, as well as find some other neat stuff:

http://www.mizmac.com/

Or pick up a used jogging stroller and convert it---or go the little red wagon route. Whatever you do, don't get something with itty bitty wheels. They
    don't roll worth a darn on gravel and dirt.

7. Polygon

Polygon New Member

8. XxChino13xX

XxChino13xX New Member

Actually WOC, a lot of the people that go shooting at the range I goto, which is slightly gravel/loose rock, use those little metal carriers like you're showing. I kind of chuckled at first, but it's a smart idea, I never see any then having problems with them either. I was actually going to recommend it before I got to your link.

9. winds-of-change

Thanks for the advice. I never thought of the smaller wheels not rolling on the gravel. I do must of my shooting at an indoor range so I don't often have to deal with gravel very often. I do have a small cart down in the basement I use for hauling cases of bottled water or whatever in from my car. I'm telling you, I can't lift as much weight as I used to. :(

Thank you. At the indoor range I usually go to I see most people coming in with one or two guns and it seems they buy their ammo right there so they aren't lugging much equipment.

10. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Don't get one with 'toy' wheels. Bigger wheels roll better on uneven ground.

11. Malcap

Malcap Member

Hey, guys and gals carry their golf clubs in all sorts of contrivances. Give your knees and back a break. Since you're a member of the shooting community, you arrange your sport as you wish.

12. woodlander

woodlander Member Supporter

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been having a hard time carrying all my stuff to the range. One of those folding carriers looks like a good idea.

13. deg

deg Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  14. Malcap

Malcap Member

Maybe the NRA should endorse one of these carts and offer it on their website store.

15. winds-of-change

Balota bought himself a foldable canvas wagon.

16. deg

Picture, I'll be the judge if it was a wise decision. ;)

17. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

18. winds-of-change

19. deg

No, you chose him, that's why I need to double check what you do.

As for the wagon - I don't think that is what you want. Ammo is heavy, not sure how the bottom is made or how the wheels will do once loaded down and pulling through gravel. Might wok fine on paved pathways. You really will want something to push, not pull. With the stroller setup your guns can be more vertical and not bounce around. Oh well, looking for a "range report" about it. :popcorn:

20. deg

Oh - and when you do finally buy the stroller, one were the front tire swivels is better. ;)