Range alone?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by kaido, Jan 24, 2012.

1. kaido

kaido New Member

Been thinking about hitting the range today since its one of the few nice days we'll have for a while in my area. Only my main issue here is my rifle is kept at my girls place since do to legal reason they can't be kept in my house.

The reason that's an issue is that she's got school today and another course that runs until 8:00ish in the evening. I know someone is saying "well just ask her for the key and lock up when you leave, what's the big deal?" well here it is.....we both live with our parents and only her mom knows about the rifles being there. Stupid, right?

Her mom I don't have an issues with, her dad how ever doesn't seem to like me and I'd have to have them back in her room by 4:00pm since that's usually when he gets home. The problem is, how the crap do I go about asking to get the rifles with out feeling like a dink?

2. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Pops already doesn't like you, and you're doing stuff behind his back in his house? Ha...WOW! Big stones there bro!

I'm not judging ya, but I'm not gonna give any suggestions here either, lest it may turn sour for ya.

Good luck Kaido!! :D

3. kusterleXD

kusterleXD New Member

I'd say you either call the mother and work it out with her or schedule another time for a day at the range.

4. kaido

kaido New Member

Haha well I already told the mom that I know he doesn't like me, but even she thinks it's because I'm dating his "baby girl" and no other reason besides that. But if we get busted my first words are going to be "I totally thought your wife told you" and then I'd be off and running. Haha

I was thinking about that, but I have a really weird way of thinking and I don't want my girl taking it as "HA!! I'm at the range and you can't come.....sucker" even though I know she won't. But I might check things out and see how it goes.

My only main issue is that their kept in my girls room and I'm not sure if she locker her door at all.

5. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Sounds like a situation

6. kaido

kaido New Member

Good news!!

I'm goin' shootin'!!
    At least if I can get my exam done soon enough I am.

7. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Does pops know? :D

8. kaido

kaido New Member

......that's a no go. I've told my girl so many times that it would make life so much easier if she let him know. I know he can't have an issue with firearms and if he does, it can't be that big because he's military. He also can't have an issue with her and firearms since she was on the rifle team in cadets and he was the RSO. Was just air rifles, but still a "firearm" of sorts.

9. hmh

hmh New Member

Invite the dad to go shooting with you. I can show him you are responsible and able to take care of and protect his daughter. And let him outshoot you. But give him competition and let him win. Unless he really sucks.

10. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

Based on the advice you seek from this forum, it seems like you're not quite ready for the responsibility that goes along with firearms ownership.

11. kaido

kaido New Member

Haha I think that would be pretty cool, just can't see it happening. Nor can I see me out shooting him if he actually tried.

Jeep, considering I passed my FAC test with out wrong answers I'm sure the govn't feels I'm responsible enough since I also passed the background check just fine.

If ours fearing to me not being able to keep them at my house, that's nothing to do with me at all. It's due to legal reasons regarding one of the people I live with.

12. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I agree with that.

Based on the advice you seek form this forum, it seems to me like you are not quite ready for the responsibility that goes along with having a girlfriend either.

If she was my daughter you would be having a hard time with me too, not least of all because you choose to live with a known felon.

13. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

u better be hopin he never finds out or he may use your own gun on ya. If I was her dad the guns would be mine and you would get an a** kickin.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

I found in my youth that most fathers of girls i dated appreciated some comraderie, so long as they don't actually see you touching their daughter.

Tell duder that you can't keep the rifles at home and ask if he will let you store them in his attic, without ammo. You really should have done this beforehand, IMO. If they are discovered by him before they are confessed, you may not like the resulting distrust and potential arse-kicking and/or excommunication from the daughter.

15. kaido

kaido New Member

Chain, considering I've been with this same girl for three years, I must be fairly responsible since she hasn't left me at all.

As for living with "a known felon", I'm not about to kick my dad out of my life just because he has a criminal record. Before its said, I know it's his fault he has it. But let some body walk up to your daughter and start talking to he about sexual activities and try to walk off with her when she's only six. I'm willing to bet he wouldn't walk very far before he happen to run into you.

That's why I'm trying to convince my girl and her mom to tell him. Her mom knows that both me and her daughter go out to the range for a bit when we have the time to and doesn't mind it. She's also one who help her daughter get the rifles out of the house with out her dad seeing, so this isn't just me hiding them.
    I'm all for telling him, just not about to go behind their backs and say something.

16. kaido

kaido New Member

I asked my girl if she could talk to her mom about it at least 4 months before I even bought the rifles, her mom had agreed to it. Since it was a day before I go the answer, I assumed (which is a stupid thing to do) that her mom had talked this over with her dad.

When it comes to how me and her are around her dad, I don't plan on doing anything I wouldn't want to see a guy doing with my daughter. I haven't even hugged her in front of him because I'm not sure how he'll take it.

Like I've said, I'd be more then happy to go out shooting with him. I just don't want to ask before they let him n is where the rifles are kept.

17. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

Same here my dad was a felon and I had to keep my guns else were at the time but best for to do is to them in to letting u keep them there or keeping them at a friends house so problem get started with u and her dad

18. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

Lol I sure hope u can make that out it hard to type on my phone without messing up

19. kaido

kaido New Member

I've been trying to talk my girl into letting her dad know their there or at least talking to her mom and getting her mom to mention that their there.

I was going to keep them at my friends house, but after hearing he got paper towel stuck in his barrel.....that kind of made me a little iffy on keeping them there. Before anyone tells me to keep them at another friends house, I don't trust anyone else nor do they have their FAC.

20. BullseyePrecision

BullseyePrecision New Member

Well your forgetting maybe the most important thing and that thing is that it is his house not his daughters and he will be mad not only at you but her as well. How old are u and your gf if u dont mind me asking.