Range 9mm

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by bradford027, Jan 23, 2013.

1. bradford027

bradford027 New Member

Ive been looking for a full size semi auto 9mm for range use and an occasional night stand gun. My current stable of handguns are a S&W m&p 9c, kahr cm9, springfield loaded 1911, ruger gp100, browning buckmark and a el cheapo phoenix arms hp22. Im looking for opinions and experiences....accurracy, reliability etc. Im wantin to stay under $600 also. One in particular thats got my attention is a sig 2022. I havent seen one in person yet. Thanks.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

3. Logan901

Logan901 New Member

Beretta 92 is a fun 9mm. Should try on as well.

4. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Why not just get the M&P in full-size? You liked the compact enough to buy that. But it is nice to change things up. I like my SR9 alot. It would be under your budget and leave room for mags.

5. bradford027

bradford027 New Member

I do like my M&P. Kind of wantin something different. I have a couple buddies who have sr9's. They've had nothing but good things to say. It will be a candidate as well.

6. thebomb62

thebomb62 New Member

I own a sig 2022 and it is awesome. Four of the five people who have shot mine have bought one immediately after. I put it right up there with my 226 but for less than half the price. Great trigger, great quality, reliable, and one of the best feeling guns in hand:D I'd strongly recommend it to anyone and everyone:D

7. russ

russ New Member

I really like my CZ75B. Very well made, solid gun with an all steel construction. Great range and nightstand gun. I also have an M&P9 Pro 5" and I still feel like I shoot the CZ better.

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Full size M&P. Get good with one platform. You will be more likely to shoot with confidence if you are familiar with the controls/feel/grip angle/trigger feel, etc.

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Buy a Witness match . SA trigger and very accurate. Good aftermarket following at henningshootsguns.

10. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I have a 75BD, but the same applies. High capacity, well made, reliable and extremely accurate, all for a very good price.
    Anyone shopping for a good all around 9 mm should at least take the CZ for a test drive. I picked it over much higher priced competitors.
    Bonus: There won't be 20 others just like it every time you hit the range.

11. DoyleTheDog

DoyleTheDog New Member

Another vote for the CZ 75. I don't have one but have been looking for a great range/car pistol and I think the CZ fits the bill. An inexpensive and very well made handgun.

12. bradford027

bradford027 New Member

Well ill throw the cz75 into the mix as well. Went looking yesterday and cant find ANY of the guns im interested in. No M&P's no sr9 no sig no cz75....depressing. I wont make a purchase unless i can find one to handle first.

13. caboutin

caboutin New Member

I just purchased the CZ75 myself, haven't fired it yet though. :)->

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

XD competition model is very good range toy. I like the 5 1/2 barrel and 9mm ammo is affordable even in these difficult times. I have no problems shooting a 8" steel at 50 yards with an XD competition model. If it fits your hand it is a good gun.

15. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

Agreed! Give it a shot or 50!

16. Spazzmodicus

Spazzmodicus New Member

If you look around, there are lots of older Sig 226 police trade-ins. I seen 3 in one case a couple weeks ago for $419 each. They were however .40s&w. A Sig 226 is superior to a lot of the other handguns mentioned. I might be a bit biased though. :)

17. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

I just picked up this FNH USA FNX-9.

It's chambered in 9mm, 17+1, comes with 4 backstraps, 3 mags and a hard case

I paid $589 + tax NIB.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I'd have been yet another vote for the CZ 75b. The most accurate pistol in my hands, and pretty much everyone I shoot with as well.

But FN's a fine choice that's unlikely to disappointed.

19. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

SA XDM 9 or CZ75 come to my mind first.

20. Spazzmodicus

Spazzmodicus New Member

Can't go wrong with the FN. I'd hit it. Been wanting an FN, just never stepped over the line and bought one.... mostly because I typically have a Sig on lay-a-way somewhere at any given time.