Firearms Talk banner

54281 - 54300 of 54599 Posts

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
We are only ignorant if we are not taught. No one showed her how to override that. You can’t blame her. She did not get thorough training.
Ya sure... I should detailed the whole conversation. In short, she couldn't understand why i wouldnt give out my email.
Also, " i wasnt trained" generally doesn't cut it. Ignorance isnt usually an excuse. A reason, yes, but not an excuse.
YMMV

·
Administrator
34,281 Posts
It's the main switchboard at the White House.
Yep. But if you don't like that one, use (703) 482-0623 or (719) 554-6889.
And those connect me to........?
If that was the case, in this case, then, though a guess, it wouldn't be an reasonable assumption that outright conspiracy peddling has its limits on this forum. (As there probably should be, all things considered. Their living room, their rules, even in the "Controversy" sub-forum area.)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Heavy rains, flooding, high winds and the power just went out here...

Reactions: boatme98

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
What the heck...50's, calm, sunny, and a great day to be at the range.
Yeah ifn wanted to shoot salmon.... :D

Reactions: Clifffalling

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Went onto armslist a few seconds ago to browse and see what's new and the first thing I see is an AR in 300 Blackout, comes with 2 mags and a gun case + 600 rounds of ammo.

Sounds pretty good right? guess what price it was?.... $3k....talk about price gouging lol.

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
I was buying Christmas presents with my daughter at bath and body works. You should have seen the cashier... when i wouldnt give her an email address... she thought i was some kind of lunatic!
I get that all the time, when telling them I don't have nor use a cell phone. "Lunatic" is a good way to describe "the look."

I'm okay with it. Most of them don't seem to be, these days.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I was buying Christmas presents with my daughter at bath and body works. You should have seen the cashier... when i wouldnt give her an email address... she thought i was some kind of lunatic! I thought she was gonna have to call her manager... it was hilarious.
Turns out, she hadn't been trained how to skip that prompt... she figured it out, but it definitely shows how ignorent some of the sheep are.
It truly is amazing that they have to be rude when customers do not comply with their questions.
It really is a form of tracking, like the places one visits on the www, they’ve got your information unless you use a non tracking browser.

I hate going to stores and being asked for my phone number or email. Here is a conversation I had with a young female (wouldn’t call her a lady) at a store I’ve never been to before the other day.

Sir, do you have a phone number?

Why yes I do.

Can I enter it in our system for future reference?

No.

It’s only a phone number man?

I do not like being tracked by Big Tech on my computer either so no I won’t give you my phone number.

It’s just to enter you into our system.

It’s a form of tracking, NO.

Whatever dude... (very butt hurt about it)

What was that?

Never mind dude... (acting butt hurt again, lasers shooting out of her eyes at me)...

Do you always give people attitude when they refuse to give you their personal information?

Well it’s frustrating when people will not do what my boss asks me to do, why not just comply dude?

Can I speak with your boss?

These young people nowadays have the worst communication skills ever!!!

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
I get that all the time, when telling them I don't have nor use a cell phone. "Lunatic" is a good way to describe "the look."

I'm okay with it. Most of them don't seem to be, these days.
You should see the looks I got when I told people I don't own a TV.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Reactions: winds-of-change

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
You should see the looks I got when I told people I don't own a TV.
I don't do television, either. Or printed newspaper. That plus the cell phone thing really sends some for a loop. They can't imagine having a "real" life without all the silly and pointless adulterations -- the distractions, the advertisement industry guiding and directing one's thinking, the editing construction of what constitutes "news" in the belief that that's what I want to hear, etc.

Nice to see there are others out there.

·
Administrator
34,281 Posts
I’ve never been met with attitude when not giving my phone number or email. But I do a lot of my shopping online so I don’t come across sales people very often.

Reactions: BullMoose429

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I remember during a power outage stores had to close because their registers would not work. The cashiers did not even know how to make change for cash sales. A couple of stores had seniors working there and they had no problem making change and hand writing receipts.
If you want to see panic hand a cashier a $2 bill. Even managers flip out on that one.
In general, if something costs say $11.25, if i don't have exact change i will pay with a $20, a $1, & $0.25 so i get an even $10 back instead of a 5 & four 1's. That really puzzles some cashiers & occasionally they will try to hand the extra dollar back. Usually, the ones that have been in retail for awhile don't even bat an eye.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Today i got to witness a woman who "did her research" try to tell my boss all about covid....what she didn't know was that my boss spent 12 days in the hospital & 2 weeks at home on oxygen because of covid & he just returned to work last week.

It was quite entertaining to see the internet expert get schooled & eat her words.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
I’ve never been met with attitude when not giving my phone number or email. But I do a lot of my shopping online so I don’t come across sales people very often.
The people at the cabelas up here get hostile- and for people working in the backwoods of New England, you think they’d expect people to not give personal information over.

·
Premium Member
12,026 Posts
I don't do television, either. Or printed newspaper. That plus the cell phone thing really sends some for a loop. They can't imagine having a "real" life without all the silly and pointless adulterations -- the distractions, the advertisement industry guiding and directing one's thinking, the editing construction of what constitutes "news" in the belief that that's what I want to hear, etc.

Nice to see there are others out there.
My phone is my only access to this site.

54281 - 54300 of 54599 Posts