Firearms Talk banner

53841 - 53860 of 54637 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I shaved my beard when the gray showed up. sitting in my favorite bar, wondering who that shifty, seedy looking guy was, staring at me in the mirror. quick check, I'm the only guy at the bar.

there is a local girl who was a stick figure in high school. all the local boys have memories of heaping various cruelties on her. after high school she suddenly blossomed into a Jedzia Dax look alike. no local has a chance with her. She's the state police dispatcher, so she does not lack male attention.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
It's Pearl Harbor day. This TV, an all movie channel, is showing chopsocky movies all day. Chopsocky movies with American stars, but still - you would think there would be one or two movies made about Pearl Harbor by now.

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
I shaved my beard when the gray showed up. sitting in my favorite bar, wondering who that shifty, seedy looking guy was, staring at me in the mirror ...
Had multi-color on the mustache and beard since my teens. And the beard just goes to a sort of double-5o'clock-shadow thing and then lays there without growing further. Doesn't work. And so, it's clean-shaven. Else I'd be like you ... shifty and seedy. :p :D

·
Premium Member
12,039 Posts
It's Pearl Harbor day. This TV, an all movie channel, is showing chopsocky movies all day. Chopsocky movies with American stars, but still - you would think there would be one or two movies made about Pearl Harbor by now.
There's s movie called "Pearl Harbor" about, yeah that day. Decent movie but lots of Hollywood in it.

·
Administrator
34,285 Posts
Reactions: dango

·
Administrator
26,146 Posts
Re: Movie Pearl Harbor. The release of the movie was in Hawai'i. Lotsa upset local folks. A lot of sloppy. For instance- Hickam Field. Good sized Army Air Corps (now USAF) air base. So the scene shows someone driving past the sign that says "Hickham Field" Y'know- it is still right over THERE- think somebody could drive by and READ the sign?

By the way- If any of y'all make it to Oahu, DO go visit the Arizona Memorial. Go early in the day. And when you finish there, before you go to the USS Missouri, walk across the parking lot, visit the USS Bowfin. Launched on Dec 7, 1942, she was used (after she was retired) in a movie. Payments from the movie were used to restore her (very nicely) and she is open to the public for tours. A business associate was the 1st XO of the Bowfin- and a plank owner. He directed me to lay aboard the Bowfin, and report to him on her condition. (Aye aye, sir!) Shot up 2 rolls of hi speed 35mm color, and sent him the pictures and my written report. Secretary told me that made his week.

And here is your threefer- right to left- the Arizona Memorial , the Bowfin- and the Missouri- where the war ended.

·
Registered
8,940 Posts
The dialysis clinic I use is a great place, everybody there is professional and friendly, even in the most trying conditions.
Through the year they do little things for the patients. They give a little printed certificate if show for every session in a month (believe me, that's an accomplishment!), they give veterans a little something on Veterans and Memorial days, a Thanksgiving and Christmas meal to take home, and little goodies throughout the year.
This week they gave everybody a little Christmas gift:
IMG_20201208_043614.jpg
A drink bottle with candies, a pen, a straw, and a couple of those find the word puzzles.
What I found amusing was the bottle.
D paitents are only allowed to have 16 oz. of liquid a day. That's 1 tallboy for 24 hours!
Look at the size of the bottle!
IMG_20201208_044016.jpg

I guess it's the thought counts.:D

53841 - 53860 of 54637 Posts