Firearms Talk banner

53821 - 53840 of 54693 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,773 Posts
Well , back to the question at hand .

I started out very easy , 10 reps of everything . Sit-ups , shoulder-shrugs , curls , presses , side stretches , bench presses , triceps extensions and pull overs .

In the ten weeks , I have worked the number up to 25 each . Time to add weight . Go back to 10 each adding five pounds to each . When I get up to 25 reps , time to add weight and move on . When I can no longer progrees , it's time to change something . So far , so good .

Now remember , this whole thing started when I found it was too hard to pull start my gasoline powered Skilh tools , not so reliving my youth foolish thing !

·
Premium Member
16,773 Posts
image.jpeg
Whats your bench Dango?
Since I'm using only dum-bells , I got 40 lbs on each bar for presses , lighter for others . Time for that increase , 45 lbs. and I'll keep on adding until I stall ! I may have to cut back on the number of reps , may 10 to 20 but adding weight as I go . 25 is a lot for an old fart . Don't want to undo what I've done .

Also have not touched my Katana in two summers , time to pick that up back again . Too many years invested in that to just walk away ! Should they take our guns , stealth and good steel will suffice !

·
Premium Member
10,232 Posts
Swinging a 15 pound hammer for most of the day is pretty satisfying until you get home and discover you're old now, and this might hurt for a couple of days.

·
Premium Member
14,215 Posts
Cinder, you are still a kid. You can say you are old when you have grand kids.

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts
At 66 I'm getting into golf again. Found a course in the hills 20 miles north of my house. Built in the 30s it's just a nine hole at only just under 3,000 yards, it has waterfalls, steep hills that I've already busted my azz on, superb bent greens and cost $16 with a ride.

Number 5 is a 502 yard par 5 double dogleg. Here what my third shot looked like at 55 yards. Lob wedge to 20 feet, 2 putt par. Shot 38.
20201203_142213.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,232 Posts
Cinder, you are still a kid. You can say you are old when you have grand kids.
Then why does everything hurt?

·
Proud to be an American
3,528 Posts
I did that about 25 years ago I didn't realize my 4 children had never seen me without a beard! It was a one time event even I did not recognize the guy in the mirror! That and they didn't stop laughing until it grew back!

·
Administrator
34,291 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,424 Posts
Shocker to me was the first time I got on facebook and started seeing pictures of people I went to high school with. I remember people as of the last time I saw them. At our 50th class reunion, I remarked to the classmate sitting next to me that the "girls" didn't look as old as the "boys". He reminded me some have had "help" looking that way. Miracles, truly miracles of modern medicine were in evidence that evening. At age 71, our class is dropping like flies on a dashboard. There are milestone birthdays according to some doctors - if you make it to 50, you've got x number of years left - 60, 70, etc. each with an estimated check out time. If I'd known I'd live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself...Truly, youth is wasted on the young.

53821 - 53840 of 54693 Posts