Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

What if someone answers!!!:eek:

ellis

2. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

At what age should people accept getting old and just giving up working toward getting healthy ?
    I'm pushing 69 but have no intention of surrendering to the rocking chair chair just yet !

Going on 11 weeks straight not missing a beat and my body is telling me , (YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS) ....! I really don't know when it's time to quit but I will let you know when that time comes !

How will l know when that time comes ? When I can no longer progress !

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Caveman Jim, JTJ, SRK97 and 1 other person like this.
  3. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

I’d say keep pushing until you drop dead. The earlier you accept that you’re old- the earlier you croak

Caveman Jim and ellis36 like this.
  4. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

Could be fun! o_O

dango, Caveman Jim and ellis36 like this.
  5. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

I'll be 66 in about 3 weeks. I've almost expired a few times in the last 6 years. I'm hooked up to a machine 3 times a week for 4 hours, I can't count the times or the weeks I've spent in hospitals the last few years. But Im still doing all I can to stay on the green side of the turf!

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Dango, My wife and I may well be to oldest kayakers on the lake. At least the oldest husband and wife paddling. We walk 2 miles in the morning on days we dont paddle and 2 miles every evening. We only paddle 6 to 8 miles now. Used to do double that and have paddled 30 miles. Bicycle has gotten to dangerous for my wife. She also had a brain tumor removed and radiation for what they could not take out. Radiation put her down badly. You have to keep moving or the buzzards start circling. Our 55th wedding anniversary is in 10 days. We are both past the average life expectancy.

Oldoutlaw, TimKS, dango and 6 others like this.
  7. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

8. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

a friend just died at 72. things just started shutting off one at a time, until one too many things failed and he could not recover.

dango, primer1 and boatme98 like this.
  9. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

I glue trapped 4 mice in 2 days, and I just saw a mouse run around a glue trap. there was room for one more on that trap, it had three already.

I thought I had "a" mouse. it's more like cockroaches, if you see one you have a million.

dango and Caveman Jim like this.
  10. boatme98

Condolences.
    I know exactly how that feels.

dango likes this.
  11. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Sorry to hear, micro.

dango likes this.
  12. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Yes the unknown can be frustrating not knowing what actually happened to it.
    In my case, I was in my boat talking to a friend as I was preparing to get underway, I leaned over just a bit while the phone was between my chin and shoulder, it fell, hit the railing, splashed into the water and looked like a dodger as it went down down down to the bottom in 80 feet of water.... If not for wearing a very expensive Hearing Aid I would have jumped in to save it. Thank goodness it was backed up but iCloud and all my information was retrieved and placed on my new phone.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    dango, ellis36 and boatme98 like this.
  13. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Condolences micro, I apologize but I just could not like your post as it brings back memories of a dear friend that went through the same predicament. It’s painful to watch them go through their last days.:(

dango likes this.
  14. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

We all can understand what a PIa. that must be but. This place would not be the same without people like you ! Keep on doing what you have to brother cause you and others inspire others to keep fighting the good fight !

boatme98 and Caveman Jim like this.
  15. boatme98

Crash!
    I was just fixing lunch and emptying the dishwasher, went to put something away in a cabinet that also holds my liquor when, CRASH, I knocked a Marsala bottle out into the tile floor.
    Luckily the bottle was almost empty. I got the big pieces of glass up with only 1 sliver in my thumb, now I'm waiting for the wine to dry so I can vacuum the floor then mop it.

Guess I'm getting too old to multitask.:D

Caveman Jim and dango like this.
  16. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have knocked my change jar off the top of my fridge twice in the last week. It still hasn't broken and I have learned absolutely nothing from this as my change jar is once again sitting on top of my fridge.

17. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

The next time you knock your change jar off the fridge it will break. Put your change jar somewhere else!:)

ellis

18. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I lost all the pictures on my phone besides the ones I had saved on snapchat. Years and years worth :(

Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.