Firearms Talk banner

53741 - 53760 of 54344 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Reminder of how much I love my little cavalier. Found in the seat track of a Mercedes. That's an expensive penny ...
Nobody uses those little coin carriers (or slim wallets with zippered coin pockets, anymore.

Have the occasional coin slip out of the pocket, while sitting in the seat of the car. Pretty much guaranteed, given the level of the hips while sitting and location of the edge of most pants pockets.

That I haven't already jammed up the seat track in my 40+ years of driving is a miracle.

·
Administrator
34,165 Posts
There's always VOIP "land" lines. 'Course, that's sacrilege, these days. I mean, what would a person do with all the lint balls? They'd just stack up down there, in the pocket, and ...
We still have a land line and I use it pretty regularly.

Reactions: Pasquanel

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
Nobody uses those little coin carriers (or slim wallets with zippered coin pockets, anymore.

Have the occasional coin slip out of the pocket, while sitting in the seat of the car. Pretty much guaranteed, given the level of the hips while sitting and location of the edge of most pants pockets.

That I haven't already jammed up the seat track in my 40+ years of driving is a miracle.
When I first started working on boats I was newly divorced paying child support and poor. I needed a car desperately but couldn't afford much. Another boat mate offered me his 10 year old BMW 318 i for $1. It had 315,000 miles on it and the silver paint was pretty much non existent due to its years in the Bahamian and Florida Sun but it ran great.
Of course I took it!
The guy who owned it had a habit of taking all of the change out of his pockets and just tossing it in the console, seat, floorboards, or trunk.
When I got possession of the car he didn't bother to clean it. When I got around to cleaning it, I dug out $17.50 in change!

·
Administrator
34,165 Posts
Haha. You got a car and made a profit. Good deal.

Reactions: boatme98

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
It’s northeast of Quebec
I'm Canadian by birth although I've been in the US since before I was one year old. I've always wanted to go back and look around but I never have, except for a few trips to Montreal in the 1980s.
Having dual citizenship I could move there anytime I want, and in the past I did consider it.
I keep up with Canadian news and belong to a a Canadian gun forum. It's downright scary what's happening to the Great White North. I don't think I'd even visit there now or spend a dime on anything Canadian.

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I'm Canadian by birth although I've been in the US since before I was one year old. I've always wanted to go back and look around but I never have, except for a few trips to Montreal in the 1980s.
Having dual citizenship I could move there anytime I want, and in the past I did consider it.
I keep up with Canadian news and belong to a a Canadian gun forum. It's downright scary what's happening to the Great White North. I don't think I'd even visit there now or spend a dime on anything Canadian.
A bunch of places in Canada are on my bucket list- Labrador, Nunavut, the Northwest Territory and the Yukon

·
Administrator
25,998 Posts
Have spent time in the YT and NWT- but one area of Canada I really enjoyed playing tourist- New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. And you can drive over to PEI now. Back then, it was take the ferry over.

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
Isn't the border still closed? We are not seeing Canadian snowbird license plates.

·
Registered
6,065 Posts
Well you're young enough to take more risk. Penny stocks work for some, but you gotta stay on top of those. Very risky.

Try aggregating a month or two of cash and buy some blue chip stocks for balance. They're boring but a lot safer.

Dividends are good. You can find out if they pay them before buying.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
At some point next week I'm gonna figure out how much whiskey it takes to do idler and pitman arms in my suburban, sway bar links and bushings, and tires.

I've had the parts for over a month. I have a feeling it's gonna take a lot of whiskey.
Did someone mention WHISKEY???:eek:
I just picked these two up the other day to fill up my Glugger... (big CR tipper). I’m LAZY...:D

783966AD-7A18-451F-AD8D-E96285A8F0A0.jpeg

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
Our daughter is here with her family so we have company for Thanksgiving for a change. Our routine is definitely out of whack.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Firearms deer season closed at dark ( 4:30 pm) driving the 1/2 mile between my mailbox and the farmhouse 19 deer crossed the road in front of us (5:35 pm). Only one had a rack of any size one of the last to cross although we saw several more still in the field.

We still have doe season, 2nd youth season, "alternative weapons" season (muzzleloaders, pistols, atalatyls, crossbows, rocks, spears, tannerite and hand grenades) plus archery season reopens after that. I'm going to take my trusty "ACME" anvil to my treestand for coyote season. Beep Beep.

53741 - 53760 of 54344 Posts