Firearms Talk banner

53721 - 53740 of 54606 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
In news that would be absolutely beat $hit crazy in any time but now- they governor of Maine just ordered that all bars and restaurants be closed for both indoor and outdoor service at 9:00 pm, and live music in bars and restaurants CANNOT SING!!??!!??!!
Signing doubles or triples the amount of aerosols a person emits.

·
Administrator
34,282 Posts
For those of you who can’t pronounce Husqvarna, it’s Husk-varn-uh
And Stihl is ‘steel’.
I see there is a company that is starting to offer a 2 day scenic rail trip- Denver to Moab Utah- with an overnight hotel stay in Glenwood Springs- luxury private train, $1,250 per person.

I'm sure the scenery is fantastic, and the service looks to be first class- but I have a question.

I've been to Moab. What the hell do you do after you get there????
Get back on the train and head back home.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I see there is a company that is starting to offer a 2 day scenic rail trip- Denver to Moab Utah- with an overnight hotel stay in Glenwood Springs- luxury private train, $1,250 per person.

I'm sure the scenery is fantastic, and the service looks to be first class- but I have a question.

:D:D
Moab is a young people's town. Well, the area actually. It's become the mountain bike and 4wd capital of the US. Town itself, not too much.
The place really took off in the 1980s with the development of mountain bikes. Probably kept the place on the map.

Back in the mid 1980s the ex and I almost bought the Moab KOA. It came down to 2 choices of businesses. The KOA or the plastics factory in De.
We ended up in De.
I wonder how things would have turned out if we'd stayed in the west?
44105photos83f80830-90ac-48c0-8a21-a198ab88a0ed.jpeg.jpeg

This?
Or this? Which would you choose?
331858_237188136344035_287196454_o.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts

We rode dirt bikes and rock climbed in Moab.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
So I asked the pretty young ladies from Sweden just how DO you pronounce the name of your company?
HOOS-k-vah-na.

yeah, that's what I'm talking about. the subtleties: HOOOSk -a- VARna, with a tiny little a, or a roll on the r, or something. Something we don't hear.

·
Premium Member
12,027 Posts
My phone quit charging, I would plug it in and the plug wouldn't fit in quite right. Wifey said she would go get me a new one, pronto. I HATE getting a new phone. Last time, not all the contacts transferred over, royal PITA, Imo.

Just for poops and giggles, I got the high powered reading glasses and looked in the charging port. Lint, lots of lint packed down in the bottom.

So I shut it down, dug it out with a needle (in hindsight should have used a hard piece of plastic), and voila, back in business.

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
My phone quit charging, I would plug it in and the plug wouldn't fit in quite right. Wifey said she would go get me a new one, pronto. I HATE getting a new phone. Last time, not all the contacts transferred over, royal PITA, Imo.
There's always VOIP "land" lines. 'Course, that's sacrilege, these days. I mean, what would a person do with all the lint balls? They'd just stack up down there, in the pocket, and ...

·
Premium Member
14,204 Posts

Just for poops and giggles, I got the high powered reading glasses and looked in the charging port. Lint, lots of lint packed down in the bottom.

So I shut it down, dug it out with a needle (in hindsight should have used a hard piece of plastic), and voila, back in business.
That is why you need a good holster to pocket carry a pistol.

·
Premium Member
12,027 Posts
There's always VOIP "land" lines. 'Course, that's sacrilege, these days. I mean, what would a person do with all the lint balls? They'd just stack up down there, in the pocket, and ...
Not in my redneck area. There is a land line for phone, but it carries dial up service only. My phone is my internet.

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
Not in my redneck area. There is a land line for phone, but it carries dial up service only. My phone is my internet.
I'm sorry you live in the 90s.

·
Premium Member
10,230 Posts
Reminder of how much I love my little cavalier. Found in the seat track of a Mercedes. That's an expensive penny.
Screenshot_20201121-175025.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,027 Posts
Where are you that you still only get dial up? Even in the North Maine Woods they don’t have dial up anymore
Northwest Ohio, rural outside Lima. They ran a high speed line to replace the old from two different directions on my road. This was when satellite and wireless was starting to dig in their heels, so they stopped the high speed line installations. I'm on the last mile that wasn't updated.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Heck, if you read the directors statements, he asks that he wanted to lampoon the society expressed in the books.

53721 - 53740 of 54606 Posts