Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I stopped in a liquor store awhile back that I usually don't frequent. My credit card company called me before I was out of the parking lot to make sure it was me. I didn't have a problem with that.

Rifling82 likes this.
  2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Exactly.
    When my son says he’s going to work he always says, “I’m going twerk”. ROFL. I told my brother if I twerked, Oklahoma would think they had another earthquake.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020

3. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

You’re clearly not from Maine- liquor stores are where we buy 90% of our groceries!!!

4. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

In case you all were wondering- BORAT 2 IS OUT- and it’s hilarious- I’m only 20 minutes in and I’ve peed myself laughing 45 times already

SRK97, winds-of-change and Rifling82 like this.
  5. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

About eight yeas ago, I had about $1500 i charges show up on my credit card that i didn’t make.

So, I went online to see what was up. Tracing the companies the bank said they paid, I found that one of the companies specialized in jail pay phone systems, and calling cards to use them. The other leased and serviced telemetry systems.

So, I called the two companies. The phone calls resulted in the last four digits of the phone card I had paid for, and the “telemetry” company did GPS ankle bracelets.

So, I googled the location of where the charges occurred, which was in Louisiana. Got a number for the Parrish Sheriffs office.

Gave them a call, and the nice gal who answered, listened to my story, and she could look up who had a phone card with the same last four digits. She kind of laughed and said, that it was “Ole Bill”, and they knew right where he was, they’d go get him. Just have the fraud folks at my bank give them a call to press charges.

Called the credit card company, and gave the the details and her contact information.

You have to be some kind of special to commit felony fraud from jail...

I went to my banks website and set up text alerts to my cell phone after that for all charges.

6. winds-of-change

I found the first one very funny but it is CERTAINLY not for everyone.

JTJ and BullMoose429 like this.
  7. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Credit/Debit card frauds hard to get prosecution b/c companies figure it's cheaper to just pay off the claims. The small charges are to see if the card is good. Next ones usually for common limits i.e. $199 for a $200 limit. Search engines allow querying thousands of numbers in nanoseconds. Crooks can be anywhere, seldom caught. I try to keep my credit limit low as I don't forsee needing $30,000 to buy something on a credit card altho we used a Cabella's card for the kids college tuition which gave me a new gun every year from "points". Fewer cards mean less chance of having problems but cancelling cards can go against credit rating. Watch your monthly statements.

winds-of-change likes this.
  8. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

watching youtube videos. I discovered a program called uGet that lets you download yotuube videos, copying solar power system, wild game prepping and cooking videos.

way too many videos start with "how ya doing"... do they expect me to respond? if you ask that in person you get the moody psycho cold eyed stare.

way too many videos start with "hit the like, subscribe and notify buttons" - just get to it.

for no conceivable reason, everybody who makes videos about electricity and wiring pronounces words with a t in the middle as "import unt", with a pause. I am an electrician, electronic technician and technical trainer. I don't do that. maybe I don't get shocked enough.

winds-of-change and primer1 like this.
  9. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Why do you watch the news? 20201023_174829.jpeg

10. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Well-Known Member

She looks like she buys her clothes by the yard! LOL.

winds-of-change and Rifling82 like this.
  11. SRK97

I dont know, shes dummy thicc. With two Cs

Rifling82 likes this.
  12. donthav1

donthav1 Well-Known Member

The morning weather girl here:
    upload_2020-10-23_19-7-46.png
    So yeah....i get ya

13. SRK97

I decided to take a mental health weekend. I hit the woods tonight to camp out so I could get an early start hunting tomorrow . Got a bottle of Evan Williams, a bag out rout 11 potato chips and my bi-yearly pack of Marlboro reds. Only one thing missing.

14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

SRK, Try watching the South American weather stations.
    My computer went bang literally. Power supply blew and took out the mother board. Did not want to buy a new computer at this time but it will be ready tomorrow. Then the fun of putting all my contacts back on it.

15. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Next time y'all get a phone scammer.....

[​IMG]

winds-of-change and Mister Dave like this.
  16. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

The heater in my aquarium blew up yesterday while I was at work. Came home to dead fish.

17. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

That sucks.

Sorry for you.

18. winds-of-change

I’m sorry. I had an aquarium where the heater thermostat went berserk and the water was very warm. Fish were all dead. I was pretty sad.

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  19. SRK97

Ive been reading a lot of WW2 books about the Pacific. One part about war trophies reminded me of a story about my great uncle who was a marine island hopping. From what I remember he got a dishonorable discharge for cutting ears off of dead Japanese with his kabar 1603580654359.jpeg

donthav1, primer1 and Rifling82 like this.