Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

That’s crazy- I live in Maine and I think that’s a little backwoods. I live in a state where more people eat bear than McDonald’s- and I think that’s crazy- granted, I haven’t been a doctor in like 3 years.... so.....

SRK97 and Rifling82 like this.
  2. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I suspect you haven't been a doctor considerably longer than that :D

schnuffleupagus and Rifling82 like this.

3. BullMoose429

I’m talking DR Pepper so....... if you’re only counting medical doctors- then you have a point- but you live in Maine too- so you know that the only place in the state where we have them is Portland- and the only reason to go to Portland is to get drunk!!!!!

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Don’t go! Cause sure as sh** they’ll find something wrong

winds-of-change and SRK97 like this.
  5. BullMoose429

You’re right- 100 percent of those who have cancer but don’t see a doctor never get diagnosed with cancer

winds-of-change and Rifling82 like this.
  6. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Good for you! When you go they'll tell you you're sick!

SRK97 likes this.
  7. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I want a miniature horse.

Rifling82 likes this.
  8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Maybe we can breed them and get a miniature mule

primer1 and Rifling82 like this.
  9. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Sounds good to me;)

winds-of-change likes this.
  10. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Cinder, a pile driver is a very large two cycle Diesel engine mounted to a rail. they weigh about ten tons. You align the rail over the pile, and lift it up with a winch. Then you drop it on the top of the pile, which is the compression stroke. It fires and goes back up the rail, intake stroke. Then it falls, go bang, with a clang for the driving head on the bottom of the piston hitting the steel pile. About twenty to thirty strokes a minute, depending on the weight and resistance the pile is seeing from the ground.

They don’t sound remotely like a Diesel engine. More like a very large toddler smacking the bumper of a truck with a hammer that is almost too large for them to lift.

And they are the filthy stinking things. Lots of soot and half burned hot fuel vapor. I’m surprised they a re still allowed to use them.

11. jigs-n-fixture

I belong to an online forum for Japanese Mini Truck owners. Us old pharts spend a lot of time explaining how to adjust carburetors, and deal with point type ignitions systems, to kids who were born after just about every vehicle they’ve touched had fuel injection and coils on the plugs, controlled by a computer.

I had a ten part conversation with a kid whose brakes failed. He pulled the master cylinder and booster, and got the master cylinder unbolted from the booster, but had no mental image of how the piston worked, and was wondering if it should be moving.

(Auto correct is driving me nuts. Apparently it doesn’t like piston, and keeps changing it to position.)

towboater and ellis36 like this.
  12. jigs-n-fixture

The wife of one of the local veterinarians, has miniature horses, and a miniature donkey. She keeps trying to breed them to get miniature mules. Been trying for about eight years now, with out success.

winds-of-change and Rifling82 like this.
  13. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Are you really sure about that?! :eek:

ellis

Rifling82 likes this.
  14. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm aware....

15. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I checked on one of my credit cards the other day and found 2 phony charges pending from companies I have never heard of. One for 59 cents and one for 55 cents. Called the card company. They locked the card and sent me new ones. I have heard of people using computers to generate card numbers and sending a small charge to see if it works. If it goes through they use the number to run up a big bill.

16. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Back when I was working when I'd move the boat at the end of season, my first fuel fill up would always be flagged and I'd have to phone the credit card company for approval. They always said that it was such a big amount and so far from where it had been used last it raised a flag.
    The first couple of times it was embarrassing, after that it was just routine.
    The only problem was that the first few years I had no cell phone. I'd have to use the marinas land line and they never like tying their phone lines up, so that was always inconvenient.

towboater likes this.
  17. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

We call that tweaking...:D

towboater and PANDEMIC like this.
  18. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

images (1).png

You be tweakin in idaho?:eek:

Caveman Jim likes this.
  19. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

20. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

No, what you be talkin bout, that be called twerkin... You know kind of like the gals is doin in the Badonkadonk video...:eek::eek::eek::D

boatme98 likes this.