Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Where do you live that there are Indian Rez’s?

2. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

I did the same thing with my old pair of Danner Ft. Lewis boots, they are more comfortable than a good pair of tennis shoes and light too boot!!!

3. xring3

xring3 Well-Known Member

Oh man! I feel for you. My wife and I had hopes of traveling and doing the things we always wanted to do. Then she contacted ataxia which is a balance disorder. Then came a freak accident where she broke her back and then......lung cancer! Luckily the cancer was caught when she went into the hospital for pneumonia which she easily contracts. We stay at home now. Thank goodness we have good supplemental insurance to cover Medicare. Our two dog keep us company. Friends have abandoned us (ok by me). Some of her kids are nowhere to be found as they don’t want to be bothered. Ok, I’ll stop *****ing.

4. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

winds-of-change and boatme98 like this.
  5. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

Here’s a thought I’ve had a few times- Anyone who has a gender reveal ceremony should not be reproducing. There are already WAY too many people on the planet- and we don’t need the gender reveal crowd to be the ones who’s genes are determining the future of the species.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    rn-cindy and boatme98 like this.
  6. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I got kicked out of my first gender reveal party, and not invited to one since. I thought it was for everyone when they counted down....

7. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

And you were probably the most evolved one at the party!!!!

boatme98 likes this.
  8. Caveman Jim

I thought gender reveals were to a announce a babies gender??? You know, with tannerite and blue or pink powder and a big BOOM...o_Oo_Oo_O

9. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Pasquanel likes this.
  10. boatme98

Yep, when I got sick I quit drinking alcohol. Amazing how all the friends disappeared.:D

Disclaimer: I will still have an occasional drink, maybe one glass of wine with a dinner guest or a scotch if I go out to a nice restaurant but they are few and far between.

Caveman Jim and xring3 like this.
  11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

It is.

Then they weren’t friends. They were drinking buddies.

boatme98 and Caveman Jim like this.
  12. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Got my muzzleloader and rainy day deer rifle all sighted in. This coming weekend is going to have to be my last squirrel hunt until deer season ends. Squirrels are fun to hunt but they dont fill the freezer like deer do. Im hopefully going to go on a complete deer (probably more like 80%)meat diet for about a month, just curious what will happen.

boatme98, Caveman Jim and Rifling82 like this.
  13. xring3

xring3 Well-Known Member

I on occasion have a beer. Other than that I don’t drink. When I was younger I did but not now. My wife’s first husband was an alcoholic and used to beat her. So, I don’t drink. My first wife ended up getting married to an alcoholic. Go figure! Besides, I couldn’t hurt my wife.[​IMG]

rn-cindy, JTJ, boatme98 and 4 others like this.
  14. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

I could live out there. Have traveled through the region many times, over the decades. In the hills anywhere between Telluride (CO) and Cimarron (NM). The hills around Durango, maybe. That'd work.

[​IMG]

15. Caveman Jim

Not me, it’s too friggin hot there in the summer and one sunny September day in 1979 I almost froze to death in a freak snowstorm on Raton pass, NM... :eek::eek::eek:
    Nope nope nope.... First time shame on you....:oops:

BullMoose429 and boatme98 like this.
  16. boatme98

I've lived at about 9000' in Colorado. Winters are a stone *****.
    I prefer a lower elevation.
    Falstaff, Az is at 6900', Much better. Winter is survivable. Snow days are few, usually about 2 days in a row, then there's abundant sunshine to help keep the roads cleared so you're not snowed in for any length of time.

Caveman Jim and BullMoose429 like this.
  17. boatme98

Precisely.

18. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

Your wife is beautiful.
    I was also in an abusive relationship with an alcoholic. My current boyfriend may have a drink from time to time but it's very rare. I think new years was the last time I saw him drink anything and even then he wasn't drunk.

winds-of-change and xring3 like this.
  19. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Opticsplanet has got quite a few .223 Rem ammo at good prices, their on backorder. So I'm gonna order a few boxes tonight. They are steel case, which I know I told myself to always stick to brass and never steel. I have nothing against steel ammo, they are more dirtier, more inaccurate and they do tend to be harder on some guns if shot more then brass. But they are much cheaper, and since I already shoot more brass then anything else, a handful of steel isn't gonna do anything.

SRK97 likes this.
  20. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

when I was a kid the other kids would brag about getting drunk on the weekends. I asked them where they got the booze

"just drink your old mans beer ( standard foulmouth juvenile name calling ) He'll never miss it"

my father bought one 6 pack in April. there was one beer left in that six pack in August.

visit those classmates house. two trash cans full to overflowing with beer bottles. their dad could not remember his last sober day.

Caveman Jim likes this.