Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

I wouldn't know what summers eve even smells like.

winds-of-change, primer1 and boatme98 like this.
  2. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

An old friend of mine is the county nuisance trapper, if you have a skunk in your yard you call him. According to him "Summers Eve" would get rid of the skunk smell. It was the only thing that did. No other brand did. He would send his poor wife to buy it by the case, she got a lot of weird looks with a case or 2 in her cart at Sams.

The old guy that taught him to trap told him " if it will take the smell out of "that" it will take the smell out the smell of a skunk"!

3. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

If that ^^^^ doesn't open the door for locker room/man cave jokes....

G66: there is a Grainger near me, but they forbid concealed carry, so I forbid my money to be spent there. I told them that directly several years ago and haven't been back since then. Yeah, I can be stubborn.

Caveman Jim and boatme98 like this.
  4. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm that way.

It's a good way to be, I think.

Far better to not help feed the animal, when they're "aiding and abetting" like that.

primer1 and Caveman Jim like this.
  5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

I get it. Vote with your wallet.;)

6. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

I just put on steel toes for the first time since I retired four years ago. I had no idea how uncomfortable my Walmart and Tractor Supply hiking boots are. Now I am going to dig up all my old Red Wings and bring them into service.

7. CMAB2SA

CMAB2SA Active Member

I'm glad I have been to NYC, San Francisco and Los Angeles before they all fell apart.

I had plans to return but if I do it would be a long long time. Probably never if the dems keep control. 20190405_203104.jpeg

8. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

Sell them to Mepps, or trade them for lures. They do that.

primer1 and SRK97 like this.
  9. CMAB2SA

CMAB2SA Active Member

Tomorrow is Monday.....why do weekends go so fast??

10. xring3

xring3 Well-Known Member

When you retire everyday is Saturday.

11. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

May I live so long!

boatme98 likes this.
  12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I hate weekends. The workers clutter up everyplace I like to go. I wont kayak on the weekends as there are too many idiots on the water. The range is crowded. Even the off road trails get crowded. All with people desperately trying to have fun and failing.

xring3 and boatme98 like this.
  13. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Yep, that was the plan. Then within about 2 months of retiring my kidneys took a hike and left me in dialysis every M-W-F at 06:30, so I'm still getting up at 04:00 for the rest of my life. :D

SRK97, winds-of-change and JTJ like this.
  14. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

17,000 people in the county. 9,000 live in the one real town. the rest live in a half dozen small burgs of 60 or so people, or on the reservation.

The Injuns ( who call themselves Injuns. and love Redskin swag ) get a federal check once a month, around the 1st. for many, it's the only money they have. don't plan on doing the laundry, they do that once a month. ten washing machines per family. if you go to the grocery store: crowds and lines. your favorite seat in the restaurant is taken. the town population literally doubles for a couple days, until it's all spent. just avoid town until the 3rd or later.

they have their own section in Wally World: #10 cans, 50 pound bags of rice. when you shop once a month you are inherently a prepper.

winds-of-change, boatme98 and ellis36 like this.
  15. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Theres a reason for old stereotypes usually.
    In Peru theyve found a new image on the Nazca Plains. It's a giant cat, presumed to have been etched in the ground about 200 years BC.
    4000.jpg
    What they didn't say was right next to the cat they found a giant image of a middle aged, bitter, divorced woman with a glass and an empty pisco bottle. :D

16. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Some guy put out an idea on the meaning of the Nazca Lines. What if the lines point to the then existing North Pole prior to the current tilt in the axis? The equator would be different and go by some interesting places. Interesting concept but very hard to prove or even take seriously.

boatme98 likes this.
  17. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

No one should know the smell of scented Summers Eve products unless you're apparently using it to get rid of the smell of skunk spray. The scented products are not good for what they're marketed for.
    I'm still mad at redwing, my newest pair of workboots are Ariats.

18. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

I was watching Amy Barrett’s hearing and I thought her and C3shooter have a lot in common..... Always the smartest person in the room

winds-of-change likes this.