Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

lol, yep

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2020
  2. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the OJ model. The old first gen are unreachable !

winds-of-change and Rifling82 like this.

3. Rifling82

There’s an OJ model here in town, I’d like to have it, put a cardboard cut out of him in the back

4. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I am too, gonna wait a couple of years on a new one though. I haven't bought a new vehicle since 1987, I think I would like to by one more before I retire. Plus it is about the only car you can get with a manual transmission, I ain't spending new car money on something with a F-ing automatic trans. Currently run a 2013 VW Pasat with the manual, drove 75 miles to look at it. First thing the salesman said was "you know that is a stick shift". I said I could have found an auto a whole lot closer to home if I wanted one!

5. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  6. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

7. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I've started making some, I got enough done so far that it's starting to look like a sock cuff.

My bruise of my face has spread under my eye, it looks really bad. I covered it pretty well today but you can still tell it's a little dark.

winds-of-change likes this.
  8. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

The new bronco has a Sasquatch package: 35 inch tires, 7 speed stick shift with "crawler" 1st gear, front and rear locking differential, Bilstein suspension, and high clearance fender flares.

9. pagj17

pagj17 Well-Known Member

Edit:Oops.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    schnuffleupagus likes this.
  10. pagj17

pagj17 Well-Known Member

Ugh. Cleaning up the weights at work I maybe might have put my thumb between the rack and the weight.
    Can't complain to much because I got paid to work out... plus isn't that workers comp?

11. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim Well-Known Member

Hi, my name is Caveman Jim and I am a fish-a-holick. I fish whenever I can, I dream of fishing (many that’s why I have insomnia the night before I go fishing...:eek: I always have my gear in top shape because being retired I have time to do so.
    I’ve got some braided line that I use with my downrigger rods that has been on them for about five years with no sign of deterioration.
    Monofilament line is changed every spring while awaiting for the early salmon run to start in April/May. Or if said line gets tangled, scraped or makes contact with the bottom of the boat...:D

sheriffjohn, JTJ and Rifling82 like this.
  12. Caveman Jim

Prayers to you brother Jack.

jackrich3 likes this.
  13. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Had a decent Penn ocean reel, back in the '70s. Kept that thing in stellar shape. Was smooth, reliable, and pretty effective. Caught a lot of hard-fighting tuna, along with whole strings of big cod, sheepshead and grouper. Never did go after marlin, as that was hundreds of miles away from our launching spot.

Grandpa's reminder to treat your tools well so that they'll treat you well was worth it. Amazing, how many tons of fish came from that Penn reel, over the years.

Nowadays, it's little lakes for bass. Haven't been for a few years. Probably should give Curt a call and see when he's headed out next. I'll blame it on you, Cave, if you're okay with that. Thanks. Much appreciated. :p

Caveman Jim likes this.
  14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I like to fish from a kayak. Right now we live in Lake Havasu City so my fishing is on Lake Havasu. Wife does not have the patience for it so my fishing has been curtailed for a while. I did get out a few times last month. Wife may not be able to kayak much longer so it will be boat time and more fishing since she will fish from a boat. I have a 12' Portabote for traveling but may need to buy a bigger boat. Something she can be comfortable on and move around.
    When we moved here 17 years ago the fishing was really great. Then Quagga Muscles hit and I believe someone secretly and illegally poisoned the lake. There was a massive die off. The Quagga's are gone but it destroyed the striper fishing. Just starting to come back. Bass fishing has remained constant and they have quite a few tournaments.

15. Caveman Jim

Blame away brother, I’ve been blamed for worse. LOL
    Like the saying goes when you retire you better stay busy or you won’t last long. I’ve got too many doggone hobbies to be sittin on the couch for long but I will tell you this, 4:15 is getting awful early on this ole body to get up to go rip lips.... but I still do it cuz I hate sittin on the damn couch.:p
    Good luck out there and wear a PFD.;)

boatme98 and winds-of-change like this.
  16. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

Mine is February 14th.

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

That is so “you”.
    My oldest son was born December 23. I made it a point to always give him a birthday party. My family always wrapped his birthday presents in birthday paper and his Christmas presents in Christmas paper. When he got a little older, around 10ish, his birthday parties would be New Tears Eve parties. He’s have friends overnight and the other kids parents had a free babysitter for the night so they could go out. He had sledding birthday parties if we had enough snow. I made it a point to celebrate his birthday every year. As he got older, he wanted combined birthday/Christmas presents so he could get a bit more expensive items he wanted rather than two less expensive things. Speakers for a stereo, a nice pair of roller blades, etc. it’s what you make of a holiday birthday. When he was born, I told the doctor I felt bad his birthday was so close to Christmas. The doctor told me it’s what I make if it. I could tell him it’s too bad his birthday is so close to Christmas or I could tell him he was born at such a wonderful time of year when the whole city is decorated and Everyone is happy (not really but, you know). I always made it a point to be positive about his birthday and to make sure my family separated it from Christmas. Now, the in laws were a definite problem about it.
    I think he should buy the actual Bronco OJ owned.
    I think you can order some vehicles from the factory manual trans. I had a car buying experience similar to yours. I didn’t have a lot of money but I needed a functional ‘new’ car. So a salesman took me to a lot behind the dealership where the giid but ‘less desirable’ cars were. As we scanned the lot he said “oh, there’s a nice Honda. Oh, wait, it’s a manual.” I got all excited. The car was in excellent condition and I told him to me, that made the car more attractive. He looked at me strange. I asked if I could test drive it. He asked if I knew how to drive stick. Of course I do. My very first car was a 1969 manual VW bug. He got the keys, still looked a bit skeptical and nervous. My son and I took off in the car drive it around town, took it back to the dealership and bought it. I had that car for about 10 years. Then Balota bought me the Orange Subaru Crosstrek and my son bought my manual Honda for $350. He drive it for several years, too. Then Balota bought a Subaru Impreza and now my son is driving Balota’s old Toyota.
    I figured that would bruise pretty bad. It looked like a deep bruise. Are you crocheting or knitting socks? I’ve been dying to try making socks but I’m not so sure about making the heel. A knitting friend knitted me a pair of socks for Christmas. They are wonderful. What kind and weight of yarn are you using?

18. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

Ive never personally met another person who shares my birthday, March 13

19. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

As was my mom's. Her surname before marriage was actually Valentine.

20. Rifling82

One of my best friends last name is Valentine, they’re originally from Nebraska

boatme98 likes this.