Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Dealt with a hospital stay a couple years ago, myself. Lost track of the number of times I got stuck, had sticky-backed sensors placed all over me, etc.

Lucky you, on the hot showers. I had to forego them for a couple of months. That was torture, soaping down with a hand towel and face cloth for the better part of two months. Soaking in the tub, once the time was up: sheer pleasure.

Glad to see you're out of bondage, at last. I hope they figure out the cause of the mess, soon.

boatme98 likes this.
  2. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

They zapped my heart Friday and it's doing well.
    I was mistaken when I said they put an electrode down the throat, it was a camera.
    They put a large adhesive patch with a electrical connection on my chest and one on my back, then hit it with voltage.
    Do the St Vitus dance for a few seconds and, voila! The old ticker is back in rhythm!

I don't know what the heck they were looking at with that camera but it sure left me with sore throat for a day.
    As for the zapping, my chest was a little tender for a bit but no big deal. Luckily they pulled those adhesive patches off while I was still sedated!

They also dialyized me every day but Sunday, taking off about 24 pounds of water in my body that was pressing on my heart and swelling my legs.

They gave me a brand new old fart walker with wheels, hand brakes, basket, and seat to get around!
    images (7).jpeg
    Just like this but in gloss black. Now I feel like I need to get some kind of small yappy dog to put in the mesh basket so I too can cruise restaurants and grocery stores spreading dog germs everywhere. :D

They also wanted to give me a wheelchair but I turned that down. Maybe next time.

pagj17, primer1, towboater and 2 others like this.

3. G66enigma

Got a shock and a new Pontiac, too? Gee. I was gypped. :p

Of course, if no pup's in the near future, with that thing, you could always pull a Tim "The Tool Man" Taylor thing. Install an electric engine and add more power to that bad boy. Vrroooom! Watch 'em scatter down Aisle 3 at the grocery.

pagj17, towboater and boatme98 like this.
  4. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I think we'll need to get your wheeler some nicer looking rims and a set of offroad tires.

5. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Take the wheel chair if they offer it again. They are expensive to buy and with the cushion they make a super desk chair.

ellis

6. G66enigma

What, deck it out like the neighbors' golf carts? Gold-plated Cadillac wheels and fru-fru? Can ya say "Twenty-twos!" Yeah, baby. :D

towboater, boatme98 and SRK97 like this.
  7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Needs a gun rack or at least a holster.
    Those mobility scooters are a lot better than a wheel chair.

primer1, towboater and boatme98 like this.
  8. JTJ

I had to take my wife to the ER yesterday afternoon. Severe back pain and throwing up. 6 hours later they cant find anything wrong with her. Gave her some meds for her back and sent us home. She is over the nausea and the pain has eased.

Txhillbilly, ellis36 and Rifling82 like this.
  9. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Get her kidneys checked! 2 signs when my kidneys lost function!
    Bad ach in lower back, kind of like a muscle strain. Could be one, or both sides. Sudden nausea and vomiting for no reason. Both happened to me when my kidney function got below 30%
    Two months later I was on dialysis!

10. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I've had the suburban for 3 years now. I took it to bobskis the last two times I went and camped in the back. I have a love-hate relationship with that piece of junk. It was free, my dad got sick of having to fix it all the time and was going to junk it. I flew to Utah and replaced the rear leaf springs and drove it back, it has a laundry list of things that need to be fixed on it. Poor thing has over 300,000 hard miles on it. I'm slowly doing what I can with it. For a free vehicle it's been kind of expensive, currently the right front tire is concerning so I haven't driven it in awhile.
    Any kind of oil, like olive oil not engine oil, will take adhesive off, oil based make up remover would do it too.
    Actually make up remover is great, I buy the make up remover cloths and keep them in my locker at work, they take off grease and oil like dawn.
    When mine were infected that's pretty much what I had too. I almost died that week.

winds-of-change, primer1, JTJ and 2 others like this.
  11. JTJ

They did a full blood work up and ct scan. I will talk to our regular doctor and mention kidneys. Thanks for that info.

towboater and boatme98 like this.
  12. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

In a pinch, I grabbed some dog shampoo to wash my greasy hands after working on my wife's car. I was amazed how fast and easy my hands got clean.

SRK97, winds-of-change and PeeJay1313 like this.
  13. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

Hmm

SRK97 likes this.
  14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I have one of those walkers. I used it for a while when my foot was healing.
    I’m thinking kidneys, too. Not necessarily loss if function but possibly a kidney stone or infection.

boatme98 likes this.
  15. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

16. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

why?

17. PeeJay1313

Whats up?

18. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

19. PeeJay1313

Sorry to hear. Sorry for thy misfortune. If i can help or lend an ear, fill free. We could make it private!!!

20. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

I was really excited about this suprise album that got released today, especially when I saw that this was one of the songs. Until I listened and found out it was all instrumental... still like Tyler Childers a lot though. Screenshot_20200918-121105_Instagram.jpeg Screenshot_20200918-121222_Pandora.jpeg

Rifling82 likes this.