Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Bend over clamp a stick in your teeth and...
    How-To-Use-An-Angle-Grinder01.jpg

sheriffjohn, pagj17 and dango like this.
  2. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

3. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Now this whole thread has turned out to give me the best laugh I've had all day ! :D
    (BARNICLES)..........Oooouch .......side-saddle for a while .?:)

4. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

5. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

About the only thing on the planet that makes us equal is carbon. !

6. boatme98

That **** ain't happening here.

I'm just stating a fact here. Don't get political!

At the state house in Nashville today a bill passed that makes camping on state property a felony.
    This comes after protesters have occupied the statehouse grounds for some 60+ days. While they've been mostly peaceful, unlike in other cities, they have been harassing and verbally abusing the pols when they arrive and leave work on a daily basis and they've said "enough"!
    Convictions can bring up to 6 years.

winds-of-change and dango like this.
  7. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

which brings up an entirely irrelevant story:

a gaggle of teenagers would gather in the parking lot of a mall and act like teenagers. insulting everybody who passed by. gather at the entrance to the parking lot and walk very slow across the entrance just to make people stop on main street.

the manager of Cocos was grumbling about this. I told him to find a car with a CB in it and announce on channel 19 that anyone with a cattle car could claim a free meal - just park where you tell him to. he had just had a CB installed in his own car so he did just that.

I got back a couple of weeks later. no brats. spotted the manager. asked him if he tried my suggestion. "best 20 bucks I ever spent" How many applications did it take? "once. best twenty bucks I ever spent'

I encountered one off the brats later. he somehow concluded that I was responsible for breaking their mob up. he seemed quite convinced I was his daddy, or at least did that which makes one a daddy with his mother. "we had a good thing going on and you ruined it"

I wonder how they all feel about it now that they are middle aged.

dango and boatme98 like this.
  8. boatme98

Back in hospital. Got another top off of blood. They're keeping me this time to figure out the problem.
    At least I'm in a room now instead of the er. They've taken me off food so I guess it's time to scrape the scupper.
    141342897.R6aCO9kk.jpg

dango, sheriffjohn, primer1 and 2 others like this.
  9. microadventure

is the hospital jam up full of Covid patients, a ghost town, or normal occupancy?

dango likes this.
  10. boatme98

dango and Rifling82 like this.
  11. microadventure

sick puppies - Tennessee. go figure.

dango and boatme98 like this.
  12. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

Hospitals around here are playing "catch-up" with patients who've had to delay treatment for various health problems due to covid restrictons. Lady friend has had to put off a gallbladder operation for several months finally has operation scheduled this week. "Elective Surgery" I suppose means you don't have one foot in the grave but could be helped quickly by an operation. A member of my Lions' Club died a few hours after being sent home after a minor vascular procedure in his leg when he threw a clot. Getting old sucks.

13. microadventure

an observation about growing old:
    • in your teens, if someone in your age group died, it was a tragedy. his life never really began
    • in your twenties, if someone in your age group died, he did something heroic or stupid. threw himself on a grenade, or tried to outrun the cops on a motorcycle.
    • in your thirties and forties, nobody dies.
    • in your fifties, an endless repetition of people coming up to you with that expression on their face, "did you hear about Carlos" please, make it stop...
    • I'm 65 and nobody I know has died in the last 5 years. apparently if you make it to 60 you're good for a while.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  14. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Where did those 2 units go?

dango likes this.
  15. boatme98

With dinner, hence the upcoming colonoscopy. :(

Waiting to hear right now if I'll get more this afternoon.
    3 units so far.

16. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

The kid was lying in her bed face up watching YouTube on her phone and dropped her phone on her face. It hit her mouth and bloodied her lip a little with a bit of swelling. She was royally p.o.'d, I said maybe it was sign she should be outside doing something. She wasn't amused.

17. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Came home, once, age 10yrs old, with cuts all over and a concussion. Had gone "ugly" with the bike out in the fields (rocks, ravines, cactus patches, etc). Mom asked if I shouldn't stay closer to home instead of heading way out into the fields. I wasn't amused, either.

But, hey, we all got to get past it our own way.

:D

primer1 and boatme98 like this.
  18. boatme98

Sown.
    Revolution was sown.
    Betsy Ross sewn da first flag.

Major foo pox.:D

19. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

I grew up in Golden Colorado, between the two Table mesas in the shadow of Coors brewery.

I was climbing the north side of South Tabletop mountain and slipped, fell backward and hit every rock and cactus for 50 meters.
    Some cactus thorns are finer than hair. Clumps of em, and tweezers dont work. After 2-3 hours it just feels like a bad bad burn.
    It takes about 8 days for the skin to push them out.
    Cacti suck.