Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Mister Dave

Mister Dave Well-Known Member

dango likes this.
  2. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

Rolls Royce has a variant on those: non spinners. The RR on their hubcaps remains upright regardless of speed.

dango, winds-of-change and primer1 like this.

3. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

So my child support was supposed to end May 22nd. Because of the China flu and all the associated crap it didn't, still hasn't. Today I got 7 individual checks, in 7 individual envelopes with the associated postage, one for each week past the the day it was supposed to end. Your gov't can't even combine it all into 1 check mailed with 1 stamp. I will get more because they are still taking it out. What an example of a bureaucracy in all its glory.

JTJ, dango, boatme98 and 3 others like this.
  4. PeeJay1313

PeeJay1313 Well-Known Member Supporter

So im not the only one that had this experience..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    dango likes this.
  5. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Striking while the iron's hot, United Parcel Service is going to begin applying a "volume" surcharge for higher-volume shippers. Or, perhaps it's just a coronavirus fee.

Either way, you gotta love that.

dango likes this.
  6. G66enigma

dango likes this.
  7. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

We have them on our yard trucks, used to sell them when I worked at Auto zone, we sell a lot of things that aren't technically street legal the box says "for off road use only"

8. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

irrelevant rant: I just got a replacement debit card. it needs to be activated. I jump through all the hoops, enter way more info than needed. they ask for my zip code and my phone number at the same time. I enter them. "you have entered the wrong information" do it again. do it again. they tell me I did not enter the correct 10 digit zip code. not a word about a ten digit zip code up front. there are 65 people in this town - there is no 10 digit zip code. then they pass me off to some squeaky voiced girl who has to repeat everything three times. at the end of the process so far, they text me a number.

my phone won't let me use mobile data and long distance at the same time. I have to hang up to retrieve the number. there are no instructions regarding what to do with the number. the number is good for ten minutes. it takes longer than that to call back, in part because you have to listen to "our menu has changed..." again. get a dude with a functional voice this time. I tell him the number does not come with instructions and what do I do with it?

"You read it back to me"

this process was designed by a sadist and is administered by fools. My phone provider is Verizon. I'm pretty sure I can't be the fist Verizon user to go through this.

9. jigs-n-fixture

jigs-n-fixture Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

The long form zip code is probably on the envelope. That is how I learned what mine is.

dango, winds-of-change and PeeJay1313 like this.
  10. F4U

F4U Well-Known Member Supporter

I was telling this story to a coworker this morning, he told me the same thing happened to him, then 3 days later he got an equal number of checks each for $2.00 for the "service charge" they charge you to take your money. Can't wait to see if this happens!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dango and boatme98 like this.
  11. pagj17

pagj17 Well-Known Member

M1. Thankfully I already have a m1 carbine

dango likes this.
  12. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

Dialysis blood test showed I was a couple quarts low. Had to go to hospital and get an infusion of some fresh stuff.
    Been here 2.5 hours and still sitting in the er waiting for a bed.
    Once they hook me up and start pumping it will take 8 hours!
    What a great Wednesday night!

13. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Hang in there Boat!!

14. boatme98

What a day. Took 2 units of blood while in the er.. Took about 6 hours but they kept me for observation and to talk to a gi doc. Ended up having a tube down the throat, everything was ok, got discharged.
    Was there for about 21 hours and never got a bed!
    After checking the topsides, they're making their nefarious plans for a haul out and complete survey of the bottom and through hull as soon as possible. :eek:

15. Rifling82

Rifling82 Well-Known Member Supporter

Lmao.... :D:p

dango likes this.
  16. G66enigma

Had an up-through-the-underside inspection of the "through-hull" units a couple years back. Oh, joy!, but I've got another coming up in a couple of years. (I hope it gets everywhere.)

Nicely, my rigging's okay, the prop and shaft are still straight and function, and the hull's reasonably solid. Not bad, considering all the abuse I gave my younger self (athletically).

Ever wake up feelin' like a Cherubini 48 but lookin' like a '68 Cheoy Lee Junk? Yeah ... every once in awhile, when the aches and pains flare up.

17. boatme98

Ever wake up feelin' like a Cherubini 48 but lookin' like a '68 Cheoy Lee Junk? Yeah ... every once in awhile, when the aches and pains flare up.[/QUOTE]

A Rag bagger!! (Being polite :D).
    I think I'm a Feadship, all sleek and bristol fashion
    vanish-2880_27bde4f65ecd90bf6b6b25360a825258.jpg
    When I'm really just a pokey old homemade plywood swamp cabin
    703b3cd8e7b4f60cfe761d27b5bb9ae0.jpg

dango, Rifling82 and PANDEMIC like this.
  18. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

A Rag bagger!! (Being polite :D).
    I think I'm a Feadship, all sleek and bristol fashion
    View attachment 223650
    When I'm really just a pokey old homemade plywood swamp cabin
    View attachment 223652 [/QUOTE]

The second boat looks really nice! I would definately spend a few nights in it while out doing some fishing. :)

Grab an ice box, fill it with some snacks and drinks, and then get your fishing poles, tackle boxes, and your all set! :p

19. boatme98

I'll go for an evening on the aft deck of the Feadship with a good single malt and a couple of astronomically priced ladies wearing the best bodies money can buy and the smallest bikinis known to man.

Chef will bring me all the fish I need.

primer1, BK3220, dango and 1 other person like this.
  20. sheriffjohn

sheriffjohn Well-Known Member Supporter

What do they do about barnacles ? Good Luck