Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

RE: CMP, M14s- not going to see that. ALL M14 rifles were CAPABLE of full auto fire. There were about 12 that were reworked into semi-auto ONLY designated as M14M. That was before 1968, when the ATF ruled that once a machinegun, ALWAYS a machinegun. If you find one, or even better an M14M(NM) -that means National Match- you have a REALLY rare bird. But you will not get one from CMP.

dango likes this.
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

SRK- one thing you will notice moving from Virginia to Wyoming- the horizon is MUCH lower. Seriously- lot more sky.

schnuffleupagus, dango, SRK97 and 2 others like this.

3. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Wyoming's views are pretty amazing. Varied landscapes.

Though, up against the Tetons, it's amazing how the "horizon" is two things only: the side of the mountains and the sky. Strange, to see the "horizon" up above you, all around you.

schnuffleupagus, dango and SRK97 like this.
  4. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

I figured that was a possiblity, I stayed away from it.
    That's because eastern Wyoming is 6,000 feet above sea level.

dango, BK3220 and winds-of-change like this.
  5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

My niece got bit by a rabid bat when she was about 4-5. They lived in a farm. She was taking care of a sick bat. It bit her. Thank God the two girls told my sister. Bat was tested, was positive for rabies and my nice had to get the series of vaccinations. By the way, they are just an injection given in the arm like any other injection. Just a series timed a week apart. When my sister took her daughter to the doctor, the doctor told her “keep her in a short leash and don’t let her bite anybody”. :D

dango, primer1, SRK97 and 2 others like this.
  6. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a family member who is an official " wildlife rehabilitator." How she has escaped this kind of thing I don't know! Raccoons, possums, squirrels, skunks...you name it!

I never told her that when she fixes them and releases them..and they wander over here and get in my garbage can or dig up my yard...........Ka-Pow :eek:

ellis

austin92, JTJ, dango and 5 others like this.
  7. winds-of-change

Well, I’m sure she’s smarter and more aware than a 5 year old kid.

dango and ellis36 like this.
  8. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

Yes! She is real serious about this! And very good at it, from all reports. I respect that she's found her calling, so to speak. She's a RN who, for some reason, decided not to work with Human patients. I suspect she was unable to accept the suffering and dying.

ellis

dango and Rifling82 like this.
  9. formerCav

formerCav Well-Known Member

newcastle, WY. GOOD prairie dog shooting times there!!

schnuffleupagus, dango and SRK97 like this.
  10. winds-of-change

I want to put spinners on my car. Do they even make those anymore? Are they pricey?

dango and SRK97 like this.
  11. G66enigma

We used to put those on the bicycles, but that was ... um, back in the '60s. Cards on the spokes, too, attached with clothespins.

Have seen a few cars around, with the spinners on. So, there must be some currently available. Can't imagine those things lasting 40+ years of use.

dango likes this.
  12. winds-of-change

I probably won’t keep my car 40 years.

dango likes this.
  13. G66enigma

I meant: trying to find one of those older spinners, if new ones can't be found. About the only way I could see acquiring one would be to offer someone a couple bills for their old ones. The last time I recall seeing them in stores, here and there, was ~40yrs ago.

dango likes this.
  14. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm guessing you want to blend in while going back to Chicago to visit.

15. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

If they're still made, JC Whitney. If they're still around. They have all that highend aftermarket stuff that makes your sled *****in'. Spinners, giant hood ornaments, glue on whitewalls, curb feelers, skirts, musical horns, everything you need to pimp your Deuce and a Quarter! :cool:
    2d8cd2ef8997431647e97cac8f9e6d9e.jpg

16. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

way way back when there was a different kind of spinner. also known as a necker knob. a knob that fit on your steering wheel, that let you drive one handed. I heard they were outlawed, but a little research shows they are still available

when I saw them last they were all owned by young males with duck tails and leather jackets

formerCav, boatme98 and dango like this.
  17. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

So then , all the night-marish stories I'd heard of treatment was false ? I sure hope so !

18. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

Why?

And yes, yes they do. All different kinds.

boatme98 likes this.
  19. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

We called that a "speed knob"

boatme98 likes this.
  20. SRK97

SRK97 Well-Known Member Supporter

The grave pusher at work has one of those, I want one for my truck.

schnuffleupagus likes this.