Random Thoughts Thread

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Dillinger, Mar 6, 2009.

1. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

My daughter arrived yesterday and after what I went through last night she called the VA and got me in to check my blood oxygen level. Walking about 6' it was at 84.
    I'm now on oxygen.
    We talked a bit about my moving but I've not made a decision yet. We'll get a bit more serious tomorrow.

dango and Rifling82 like this.
  2. ellis36

ellis36 Well-Known Member Supporter

boats, I am so sorry! Hard times!

ellis

dango and schnuffleupagus like this.

3. boatme98

Thanks, you know what they say - "if I knew I was gonna live this long.....":D

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a neighbor that is 85 and in very poor health. He is the 1st male in his family to live past 55. He played hard since he did not expect to be around. A lot of credit goes to his wife who takes very good care of him. I guess his mother broke the genetic code as his younger brother is still around but took better care of himself. He is a lot healthier.

dango and winds-of-change like this.
  5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

84 oxygen level? Wow. You are in Florida now, right? Where does your daughter live? You need her to take care of you. Just sayin’.......

dango and boatme98 like this.
  6. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Living in Florida ? That's why Boats , 51% oxygen , 49% water from the 100% humidity !
    Dude , brother , you have all my best wishes and prayers and to your angelic daughter , pure gold to a deserving father !

Rifling82 and boatme98 like this.
  7. boatme98

I'm in Tennessee now. My daughter lives in Marylandistan. Scary to think of living there.

8. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

I went to The University of Maryland-Baltimore while stationed at Aberdeen Proving Grounds.
    Worst 20 months of my Army career.

boatme98 likes this.
  9. boatme98

I've lived in Maryland on and off my whole adult life. I thought I'd finally escaped for good but it's starting to look like I'm destined to finish out my days there.

I did my pre forestry at UM College Park in the late '70s.

SRK97, schnuffleupagus and ellis36 like this.
  10. winds-of-change

Hmm....sorry.

11. winds-of-change

I couldn’t sleep last night. I got, maybe, 2 hours in. :oops:

12. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus Well-Known Member

4.5 for me.

winds-of-change likes this.
  13. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Sunset: I just got done grilling, and the grill was finishing it's burn off session. I strolled into the backyard and noticed a couple bats working over the bugs real hard. Wondering how it would react with the whole sonar thing, my lighter made it about ten feet in front of one, twenty feet ir so high. It took evasive action, and banked hard left.

Catching the lighter, I noticed him circling around for another run. It's on, Bruce. My lighter launched up, the apex of the trajectory well under six feet of his direct flight path. As I moved to catch the lighter again, Bruce decided to dive bomb the lighter. This time it was I that took evasive action, as I didn't trust his radar enough to prevent us colliding. The lighter fell to the ground, and I circled around to pick it up while trying to locate him.

I glanced up to see if he was still hanging around, and noticed he was swooping down repeatedly. Man those things can move fast, and being mad seemed to make him fly faster. Giggling like a kid, I decided to move out in case the bat in the hair thing had any truth to it.

formerCav and winds-of-change like this.
  14. winds-of-change

We had bats by my house in Illinois. They really are amazing. We used to toss small stones in the air to see if they’d dive for the stones. They sure are acrobatic.

15. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

IIRC, when I was about 9yrs old or so, I had a little tussle with a magpie. Man, those are determined birds. Didn't seem very appreciative of my size, I can tell you that.

Haven't seen any bats around, this year, nor even last year I think. A handful of years ago, I saw dozens along a couple of roads near the river, where all the insects were. But not since then. Come to think of it, hardly any flying insects have been around either, in the past year or two. I wonder if all that spraying to keep the mosquitoes down has had broader effect.

primer1 likes this.
  16. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

duplicate / deleted

17. PANDEMIC

PANDEMIC Well-Known Member

Test

Edit: nvm I'm good, wasn't letting post in another thread so I was just seeing if it was a bug or something on my part.

Rifling82 likes this.
  18. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

Had a bat fly into the shop Friday in the middle of the day. I think it might have been sick it something? Kinda just crash landed on the floor.

19. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member Supporter

Had a bat fly into the shop Friday in the middle of the day. I think it might have been sick it something? Kinda just crash landed on the floor.

primer1 likes this.
  20. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

I've seen at least 75% fewer bugs this year compared to last. That may very well be the reason.